Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I went to get a new windshield in the '68 today. Do you have any Idea how far a brush hog can throw a rock? I took a new seal from Golden State parts and the shop had the glass. I guess it was a Chinese windshield and a Taiwan seal because they didn't fit. After waiting 4 hours on a 1 hour job the guy finally broke the glass. There I was 20 miles from home, almost dark and about 25 degrees. I called my wife and started walking. I'd hiked about 3 miles and had cooled down to a simmer by the time my wife got there. I had a tire appointment tomorrow but that will have to wait now. I could have broken the windshield at home and not wasted all day doing it. I hate it when the pros can't do something as good as I can!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
I know exactly how you feel brother ...

90 % of any problem is knowing who to ask ...and who not to.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I hate having to burn up time like that too. Bummer....

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I picked up the truck this morning at 9:00 and took it to the tire shop 1/4 mile away. Got 6 new tires and took it back to the glass shop at 1:00. He told me it would be 3 hours to make sure he had time to do it right. I waited at the bar so my wife didn't have to make another trip. I called a 3,4 ,5, & 6. The glass ass wanted it for another day! I said no and he called at 7;30 and said it was done, so was I! He charged me full price plus another seal that was $20 more that the one I took yesterday. It is dirty and he left junk in the truck. Tomorrow I begin a campaign. If anyone in this area has glass work please don't take it to Moundhouse! \:\( The tires are nice! \:\) Beater-Beat him too!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available