Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#55243 01/28/10 09:59 PM
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Well Ray and boys I have a new bone to chew on! I have posted this on the P-15-D24 site also. This has been done by a few and I want to install this on the Windsor with the 265 flattie and stock front suspension with Scarebird bracket with disc brakes. I have a install instruction sheet coming from Fat Man to get an idea where it should be mounted. Looking to see if anybody here or where ever has done this on a Chrysler of this year. It seems the Dodge frame and Chrysler are the same a few years back and the kits have worked on them. I feel this can be done and will be looking for all the info and encouragement I can get. Front end work gets me a little mixed up with the geometry of it----but show me and I copy well----thanks for any help out there.............Lee

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers
52er #55324 01/30/10 02:31 PM
J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Lee;

Sounds like a mystery all right.
------

A little bit of this and a little
bit of that, will create a lot of
canceled checks.

Good luck.

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
52er #55368 01/31/10 05:46 PM
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
The pics I have seen shows it can be done---Fat Man has the build sheet and we go from there. I am going to wait and get the engine back in the car just to be sure everything goes where it belongs with the correct static height. Fat Man said I could install without the engine in---it would be nice as there is so much more room to work. Already working on a plate to install off the head bolts to mount brackets for alt. and PS pump. Will try and use the pump from the Cavalier--same place the rack comes from. Any suggestions on a pump? You can put two water pump pulleys together to get a belt for the pump. Only problem is the fan hit the radiator, I know go electric. Got a guy who will make me a pulley from a chunk of aluminium stock on his lathe---could use fan then----I prefer to use both. Good to hear from you John. Chime in folks if ya got any ideas...........Lee

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers
52er #63743 03/13/11 10:25 PM
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Well it has been some time since I talked about doing the R&P in the Windsor----it is about done---sorry to say that I am poor trying to post pics on this forum. So the pics and some explanations are on the P15-D24 site, sorry..............Lee

52er #63801 03/16/11 04:45 PM
R
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
R
The setup, pics from D24 P15, has a rack from a Cavalier if I read it right, this has long tie rods to the centre of the rack:

The steering arms have been shortened by cutting and welding, something that would be illegal in much of Australia:

This has been to enable full steering lock with a rack with insufficient travel, I gather.

52er #63805 03/17/11 12:20 AM
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Thanks again Ray for posting the pics----yes the arms have been shortened----this gentleman is a great welder, he has done this on race cars for years without incidence. The pan had to be modified slightly for clearance--plus the pan is from VPW and is for the truck. He mentioned the car pan would have been more difficult to modify. There are more pics of the bracket for the pump and the double pulley made to replace the single lower one. The pump is off a 90`s Grand AM and the remote resevour is from a Toyota. Thanks again................Lee

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 228 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available