Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Hey guys, how do I run the 8" balancer and run my water pump and other accessories? Was looking at the dyno 250 that Tom is doing and I do not see space enough to run the water pump pulley. In my truck with the 6 I do not have a lot of room toward the radiator to add pulleys to the front. I wanted to run the clutch fan but I could run some electric fans. I really do not see room to have a water pump pulley unless there is a very small one that will run the pump very fast. Any help would be appreciated.(pictures too)

Thanks
Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Randy, If you counterbore the crank timing gear to allow the balancer to tuck in close the the timing cover that will help.

I ran a single groove sheave on my balancer. I think it was a '60s vintage big block chevy power steering sheave, flat with a single groove. Added maybe 3/4 inch in total to the front of the engine.

Water pump I had a double groove, then power steering off the water pump. Yes, the belts were in series but seemed to work OK.

I did have to fabricate accessory brackets to match sheave alignment. Sorry I don't have photos. I do have the parts and can dig them out for photo upon request.

Mike

Last edited by strokersix; 04/16/10 08:26 AM.
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
I was working on my heap today and I just might have some room between the water pump and the radiator to move the pulleys on a 8" balancer. I still might look into getting it grooved for belts. I think I will do the blow thru TBI right at the get go. Torque looks too good to pass up. Mike if you would PLEASE send or post some pictures of your set up.

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
OK will do. May be a few days till I can get the parts rounded up then I'll post photos.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available