Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
W
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
W
I've seen in several posts that say when you're installing a CPP Mini Subframe kit, it's a good idea to replace the CPP-supplied ball joints with better quality ones. Since I'm in the process of putting one of those kits in my '64 Nova, I thought that would be a lot simpler to change the ball joints before I installed the kit, so I unbolted the ball joints from the control arms and took them to the local Schuck's auto parts, and they couldn't find anything that would fit. The closest thing were Moog, but they had the zerk fitting in the wrong place, which meant that when the ball joints were installed, it wouldn't be possible to lubricate them. So for all you guys who suggest changing the ball joints, what brand and part number of ball joint will fit the CPP tubular control arms and work properly and allow you to grease them for routine maintenance? I have a sneaky suspicion that the CPP ball joints are made specially for them and there may not be anything else that will fit that's available commercially. Hopefully I'm wrong, and someone out there knows what other ones will interchange.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Have you tried asking CPP?

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available