Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
E
I have the SSBC disc brake kit that fits 1957 chevies. I need to replace the brake hoses. I do not want to have to go back to SSBC to get the hoses (did that already with my MOPAR kit).

Has anyone used the 57 chevy kit and had to replace their brake hoses? If so, did you get them from an auto parts store?

A friend suggested NAPA. I called one of their stores today, before going out there, and explained my desire to replace the hoses. I was going to remove one hose and take it with me to NAPA. The one sales person I talk to seemed to think that it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack in order to figure out what type of hose would work. So I did not run by NAPA.

My gut feel is that this hose is not the standard size since I had to use a metric socket to unloosen the bleeder valve. Perhaps there is no relationship between the two. I was just wondering.

As a last result, I can call SSBC to get the replacement hoses. When I ordered a set for my MOPAR a few months back, SSBC claimed that I had to get the hoses from them. I do not know if they were telling me the truth or not. But I do find it hard to believe that they are the only entity I could get hoses from that would fit their kit.

Let me know if anyone has any info to share.

E. Lane
elane352@yahoo.com

Contributor
Contributor
Take good digital photos of your hose and determine fittings and overall length and send to these guys . . . http://www.justrightauto.com/nw-tubes-hoses.php

I have bought SSBC kits before and modified to suit my needs - these guys can make brake lines to fit any brake configuration.

SSBC uses standard inverted flare fittings for brake components and these are easily duplicated

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
There may be a hydraulic shop in your area that can fab you new hoses to suit.

There is one here but they don't do anything but "in person" kind of work.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
W
Contributor
Contributor
W
If you have an independent, older parts store, they probably have a picture book and a knowledgable parts man.

Will Willis

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available