Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#59004 07/08/10 11:38 PM
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
In April I installed Langdon headers,Dual Carter Weber carbs on my 292 in my 30 chevy.Just an update on working out the problems over the past couple of months.
First test drive ran great for the first few miles then started to miss and had no power. I creeped back home hitting on 3 cylinders it seemed.All plugs were wet with gas. I readjusted the carbs and installed new plugs.
Second time out after a few miles the same problem. Creeped home once again blaming the carbs again.So I thought the fuel pump is putting out to much fuel.I installed a fuel pressure regulator (set at 3 1/2)and again put in new plugs.
Third time out I was able to get farther from home before it did the same thing.It took me even longer to limp home and I had plenty of time to think it may be something besides the carbs causing the problem.I thought maybe my spark is to weak to burn the extra fuel.I am running a HEI distributor so I replaced the coil,module and the pickup coil to eliminate any doubts.Oh and another set of plugs.
Fourth time out. WOW!!! What a difference that made.It ran great and no missing or fouled plugs.I think my old coil was not hot enough to burn the additional fuel in the cylinders and the module may have been acting up when the motor temp heated up.
A few days ago I thought I had a oil pump problem but it was a bad sending unit.So all is GOOD for now and time to enjoy.Sorry to be so wordy. Thanks to all the inliners here that are always ready to help.
Greg

Greg
Inliners #5369
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Good deal!! It's always good to hear that somethings work out well.

'45 Ford PU
66 Valiant wagon, leaning tower of power.
79 Chevy C10 w/250
02 PT Cruiser Convertable

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement