Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
hey, i have a 1986 ford f-150 with a straight 6 300. I just pulled the engine to get it rebuilt, and when i was taking off the distributor, i noticed something odd. Normally (ive only worked on chevies) you just take off the bolt and hold down and the distributor comes out. On this thing, there was also a round hollow pin with a rounded end that i had to pound in to get this thing out. What the heck is the purpose of this little pin? Anyone else out there encounter this thing? It seems that this little pin would fall out if i reinstalled it, since its not being held in by anything, makes no sense to me.

S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Oh another thing, i also couldnt seem to get the water pump off. It seemed to me to get the water pump off, id have to get the fan off. I oculdnt seem to do that, the only way i oculd see to get the fan off, is ot get the water pump off. Anyone done this before?

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
I'm not much help, but these guys might know. Good luck. John
www.fordsix.com

'68 C-10 - 250 with Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel, Offy intake, Hedman headers and true duals, HEI, MSD 6A box, relocated gas tank
Soon to have: T-5 tranny
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
If it has a clutchfan you have left handed threads on it where the fan screws onto the pump.Piece of rope on the pulley and a pipe wrench makes it happen.It also sounds like you have one of the timing lock setups there also-one of fords not so better ideas,I am a ford ase certified factory trained dummy,worked for them in the 80s.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available