Rate Thread
#63431 02/22/11 08:44 PM
W
WillH Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Does anyone know what issue of 12 Port News had the article about adapting the 292 harmonic balancer to the 261? I'm trying to get the back issue with the article but don't know which one and the back issues people don't know either. I could use a copy of just the article if some one could provide that. Thanks so much............Will

R
Contributor
Contributor
R
I have a copy of the article but I don't see the issue or page number. It was written by Pat Smith. I think he is the tech advisor for 235 and 261 Chevys in the 12 Port News. I have one of the modified dampers on my 302 GMC.

FranK Hainey
W
WillH Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
An article by Pat Smith was where I learned of the modification; he offered to send a copy of the article to anyone who would send him a SSAE but I can't find an address for him. Would you be willing to make a copy of the article and get it to me by e-mail or snail mail? Thanks so much......Will

will@cctc.net

R
Contributor
Contributor
R
I think Pat Smith is K. Patrick Smith at: kps.smitty@earthlink.net.

I got this name from pg 24 of jan/Feb 12 Port News, Inline Tech Advisors. Try him first. He may be able to send it to you. If that is possible I will.

Frank Hainey

FranK Hainey
W
WillH Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Thanks Frank; I'll see what I get with the e-mail address.

Contributor
Contributor
There was a thread on this topic a few months ago that contained a link to the article by Pat Smith that refers to the 12 Port News article (but does not give the date) and offers to send a copy of the article for a SASE. That thread generated a lively exchange of thoughts and suggestions. Pat Smith's mailing address is also in the current 12 Port News.

Hoyt, Inliner #922
W
WillH Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
I read the thread you reference with both interest and amusement; those praisimg Mr. Smith for his knowledge and experience and those denouncing him for the lack of.
And I noted the offer, in the article, to send a copy of the 12 Port article for a SSAE, however no address was provided. I am trying to contact
him at present with the e-mail address above; so far, nothing; maybe today.

Will

quote=Hoyt]There was a thread on this topic a few months ago that contained a link to the article by Pat Smith that refers to the 12 Port News article (but does not give the date) and offers to send a copy of the article for a SASE. That thread generated a lively exchange of thoughts and suggestions. Pat Smith's mailing address is also in the current 12 Port News. [/quote]

Last edited by WillH; 02/25/11 09:49 AM.
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
As listed in 12PN, Pat Smith's address is:

K.Patrick Smith
404 Rossway road
Pleasant Valley, NY 12569-7517
EMAIL: kps.smitty@earthlink.net

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
W
WillH Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Thanks for sharing Drew!

Will

W
WillH Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
I contacted Pat Smith with this e-mail address and just got an e-mail for him saying the article was on the way, so thanks so much for sharing information.

Will

Originally Posted By: radar
I think Pat Smith is K. Patrick Smith at: kps.smitty@earthlink.net.

I got this name from pg 24 of jan/Feb 12 Port News, Inline Tech Advisors. Try him first. He may be able to send it to you. If that is possible I will.

Frank Hainey

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available