Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#63786 03/16/11 02:36 AM
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Hey guys,
I was recently called to help my Dad put together his dream machine Inline 235 with 12 port head. Sadly, he has had some severe health problems and is no longer able to coach me. I have located the body and frame, quickchange rearend and the short block 235 Chevy. I also found the 12 port Wayne head and head gasket, Offy intake and Fenton headers. I looked at the registry you have posted and found Dad's name on the list. It says that he was building a Bonneville rig first run by Carl Kirsching. I have no idea who this man is/was and am also curious about historical data that may be available. Period specific information is important. Dad was a perfectionist so I'd like to know as much as possible. I don't really know what I will do with it when I am done...... maybe I'll race it???? \:D

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Welcome, I can sympathise with the sentiment of helping your dad, I'm trying to scrape together a 2 door hardtop '53 Belair for my pops, on the QT.

I wish you the best of luck. \:\)

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
A
Contributor
Contributor
A
You are fortunate to have the parts needed to build this dream and to be living in an area rich with Inliners. I would suggest contacting the chapter heads around WA and seeing what they have to say. You shouldn't have any problems finding out most of what you need to know. Have you considered writing an article outlineing your quest for the 12PN? It could generate help as this is something many would be interested in. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
A few years ago I had multiple conversations with your Dad on the project. At the time I was gathering information for the 12 Port Registry. Your Dad's plan was to restore the car...not to race it. The good news is that I took notes and with a little searching I should be able to find them.

Pat

Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Thanks to everyone for replying. Yes, there are lots of inliners in our area. And if anyone knows the guys around Watsonville I'll have plenty help. I will be building the car in CA at Dad's shop once we get the new shop built. Dad still has the desire but isn't able to get around and it is tormenting him. I'm very glad that Pat took notes. I need to know more about Carl. I can't find anything online about the car or the driver. Dad also has three other race cars that need to be built. Thanks to Dad I'll have something to do in retirement. His legacy will live on.

Humble Newby
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
I have a hood for that....
The '53 Chev.... some fenders too but they are rough. How much are you looking for Body wise??? Have plent of inline six bare blocks... the bad thing I have to rely on peoples honesty for the prices... I have no idea....

Last edited by CanepaTwin; 03/16/11 03:11 PM.

Humble Newby
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Greyghost...
Have you had a chance to look for those notes???

Humble Newby
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
If you haven't had the opportunity to check up on the build...
Got the 302 block mag'd and ready for bore and hone. The 302 head ("D" chamber) didn't pass mag and will be shipped to Oakland, CA tomorrow for welding. I will order the Cam tomorrow from Camcraft and the con rods will be blasted and the pistons fit and ringed. I am done taking off the front clip and the bed. I was scrounging today and found a chromed back bumper to replace the "farm bumper" that is already on it. The fuel tank looks awesome but I have a spare just in case. Still need to switch it over to eight lug and put disc's on the front. Have a T-10 tranny ready to go and will have the driveline made here locally. Just have to figure out motor mounts and brake master cylinder.... jeez where am I going to put the vacuum booster???

Humble Newby
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member

Humble Newby

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available