Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
E
Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone has gone the fuel injection route with a car similar to mine?

I have a dual fenton intake setup (two single rochester carbs) and fenton headers. Yes, I do realize that Clifford has a kit. But I would have to get rid of the fenton intake and headers I believe.

I have posed the question to the 55 - 57 tri-five chevy forum and received some good feedback. Guys there were suggesting to go with a 4-barrel carb setup, TBI adapter, etc. What they are saying makes sense to me.

Would love to hear what anyone on here has done also. I just want to get as much information first before I do anything.

E. Lane
elane352@yahoo.com

Z
Contributor
Contributor
Z

E
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
E
 Originally Posted By: elane352
Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone has gone the fuel injection route with a car similar to mine?

I have a dual fenton intake setup (two single rochester carbs) and fenton headers. Yes, I do realize that Clifford has a kit. But I would have to get rid of the fenton intake and headers I believe.

I have posed the question to the 55 - 57 tri-five chevy forum and received some good feedback. Guys there were suggesting to go with a 4-barrel carb setup, TBI adapter, etc. What they are saying makes sense to me.

Would love to hear what anyone on here has done also. I just want to get as much information first before I do anything.

E. Lane
elane352@yahoo.com

Get 2 1bbl TBI units off of a 2.2 or so size GM 4 banger. For electronics you have a choices:

1) GM ECM off of a 2.8 V6 and then get someone to burn an eprom for you.

2) Get a Holley ECM and adapt the harness - just extend the wires

3) If you comfortable with wire & computers - run a meagasquirt MS2 system - there is an adapter board to allow the MS2 to plug directly into a GM harness which can come out of the 2.8 V6 donor. Cost less than half of the Holley. You have the option to control your timing advance if you wish. A pertronix equipped distributor is fine to suuply the required tach signal.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available