Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66595 10/02/11 05:02 PM
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
hello all, i am new here. i have been on the stovebolt forum for a while, but the members there tend to like their stovebolts stock. i like to make mine less reliable and leak more. anyway, i bought a 3x1 offy intake w/ 3 matched rochesters and am having a hell of a time applying a progressive linking system. not to mention the rear carb is hitting the fire wall (51 p/u). does anyone have a 2x1 with carbs and linkage they would be willing to part with or 3 matched carbs with linkage that are not rochesters? maybe carter, etc? thank you for looking. look forward to meeting good folks here -DVZ

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Will an offset carb spacer work for you on your firewall issue. What problems are you having with your progressive linkage.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
Contributor
Contributor
What is the orientation of the butterfly shafts? (parallel with the head is most common) . . .

There are carb stand-offs that rotate the carbs 90 degrees so that the butterfly shafts are perpendicular to the head - this makes progressive throttle linkage designs much easier to set up.

Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
yes, yes, yes ken. where did you find those? i was going to have a buddy try and machine them for me. do you have some or know where i can get them? they are exactly what i need and will act as a phenolic spacer as well. -DVZ

Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
cnc-dude, the rear carb isn't actually hitting the fire wall, but all the of our application ideas for linkage were. the above rotators will help tremendously. thanks for the replies guys. i posted this on 3 other forums and got only opinions for responses. i.e. "go with different carbs" "linkage isn't that hard to make"-DVZ

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
Some general ideas on my page here:

http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/log-2.htm

Contributor
Contributor
 Originally Posted By: dvzdeathtrap
yes, yes, yes ken. where did you find those? i was going to have a buddy try and machine them for me. do you have some or know where i can get them? they are exactly what i need and will act as a phenolic spacer as well. -DVZ

I actually designed a set and was ready to start machining when I stumbled across these . . . http://www.timmonsbillet.com/CarbThrottleSpacers.html

I may still make a few sets as mine go from a Nicson intake with a slightly smaller port opening to a Zenith Carburetor - the inside of the adapter is tapered to allow a smooth transition from the carb to the intake.

It is still important to insulate them if you can - keeps the gas from boiling off / overflowing into the intake on a hot shut down.

Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
ken, you are the man. thanks for the link. i endlessly searched the internet and figured i would machine them as well. there is a guy on the HAMB that got blocks of aluminum cut, sawed, filed with a hand file. (20 hrs on each). i told him you found some on the net and he wanted the link too. suprising that these aren't more common. thanks again -DVZ

Contributor
Contributor
DVZ - glad to be of some help.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 332 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available