Print Thread
Rate Thread
#68646 02/18/12 02:51 AM
'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
Hi, soon I will be building a 250 for my 64 Nova. Does anybody know anything about the fuel injected Chev 250's in South America? Would the manifold and throttlebody be compatible with north american Chev/GM componants?... I origonally just wanted to use a stock 2 bbl intake manifold and apropriate carb. Now the car has a 194 1bbl& toilet for gas. I would like something a little better than this, with reasonable power and great fuel millage. If the south american parts are compatible and are used in Guatamala, I have an opportunity toget the parts.Thanks for any help. If you need more details let me know.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
HI & welcome.

You would need the 12 port head from Brazil to make it all work/fit.

If you really want something like that, you could get it & use it all together.
Those engines made more HP & torque than our 250's here in the states.

There are vids on youtube with Brazillian cars & are turbocharged w/the 12 port head & intake manifold.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
@ MBHD & EFIDIY, Thanks for the information.
Would anybody know of a good used 2bbl intake manifold? Or even have a picture of one? I tried to find any sort of picture or video of the chev 250's in South America, and I seen some 2 bbl intake manifold; wich might have been gm but not sure. Could not find anything fuel injected. Any info on this would be awsesome.

If I was to find a good Gm 2bbl intake how much would it be worth? How much would a gm 292 exhaust manifold be worth?

For a stock build 250 (9.3-9.4 comp-ratio & pg trans)should a 292 ex-man be used or the cast iron headers?

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
I believe the 2BBl manifolds are from South America, they are older & hard to find? They are factory GM units.

I do not believe the 2 bbl manifolds were fuel injected, if that was your comment for?

If you can find one in Brazil, I am sure it would sell pretty cheap, like $20-50 US dollars as a guess, it's the shipping over here is whats going to cost you.$100+ in shipping @ least??? guys?

292 3" exhaust manifold, 50-$100, junk yard price 20.

You could use either the 292 manifold or cast iron headers, or tubular headers.

BTW, get rid of the PG & at least put in a TH 350.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
To MBHD,
Thanks for the reply. "Winter" made a reply with some links and pictures, and gave me optimisim. I would like to use cast iron headers or the 292 ex man, but the budget is tight. So anything I buy has to be @ a good price.

About the PG trans. I contemplated some other trans, but was recomended to stay with it; because the car is all origonal,& would still get good mileage. I never drove the car but had the trans rebuilt anyway. Not totally happy with the PG, so I will be looking for a good 2004r to try.

'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
P.S. After my inquiry at work for the 2bbl manifold I was told to "put in a small block". This came from a foreman who was a studeabaker "nut"
Jason

J
Contributor
Contributor
J
I saw a picture awhile back where someone milled off the top of the intake where the carb sits. It opened up big enuf to make a plate for a 2 bbl.

E
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
E
If you can find a 4bbl intake, holley makes a TBI adapter that bolts on.

The rest of the fuel system is JY parts except the ECM.

If your not afraid of a bit of wiring( mainly removing wires...) then get a harness out of an 4.3 TBI astro van along with the rest of the fuel system.

Get an extra harness to use as a wire supply - some of the wires need to be extended.

The lowest cost for a ECM is to use megasquirt, but it does take some effort to read the manual and understand it. Otherwise buck up for something like a holley system. The trade off is with the holley you get a glossy manual in print and a tech number to call. With MS help is online via forums. I have a decent starting tuneup file for the MS that I made at the Texas convention 2 years ago.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 420 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available