Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
P
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
P
Saw a rat rod in Austin this week end that had EIGHT turbos on a small block chebbie motor. The rod had a mercedes grill shell and wild sweeping headders. Each turbo had its own air cleaner and they all joined into a blow-thru bonnet covering (I guess) a four bbl. (the turbine housings had KUBODA cast on them, they were the size of a baseball-the ones with 108 stitches). The owner was not around (no trees in that part of the lot for him to roost in). I'm sure he was doing his part to "Keep Austin wierd"!

Another 'bout '37 ford coupe had a big backward facing aluminum ell, comming off the intake an' running back thru the firewall offa his late "coils on the valve cover" Ford V-8. When checking out the interior, found aforementioned pipe continuing thru passenger compartment. Ah-hah, there in the floorless trunk was the turbo- a real Easter egg hunt. Owner said it was fast and got twenty mpg on road (dont they all), but it had a paint job!

Saw several sixes, but none turbo'd, one did have triple holley twos on a clifford, a 3/4 Crower cam, PowerGlide and "zoomies" setting in a long wheelbase T-roadster, owner claimed 12.34 for his best time- I remember seeing him run at Academy/Little River strip last year.

The last two owners were in their twenties- so the sport is thriving even in the more technically challanging areas.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: preacher-no choir
Saw a rat rod in Austin this week end that had EIGHT turbos on a small block chebbie motor.

That makes me think of what my Granny told me, just before she fell off her Harley:

"If some it good,
and more is better,
then too much is just enough."

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CrabFoam), 247 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available