Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#71493 09/02/12 09:08 PM
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Well, I finally got around to painting and mounting the fender skirts I purchased a while ago. Fitting them was not a simple bolt on as I had to "finess" them so the rear tires don't rub.I think they turned out pretty good and gives the coupe a real different look.

Last edited by chopped 40; 09/02/12 09:13 PM.

Loud Pipes Saves Lives!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It is a wonder how small changes can freshen the looks of our same old cars. New wheels, tires, skirts, a bit of paint and we see them a whole new way. That happened with my pickup this summer and I'm still smiling. The skirts look good glad you figured out the mounting problems you were having. Beater

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Very cool. I don't see skirts on restored/modified cars much anymore.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Drew, that's why I did it!
Beater, those are supposed to be "clip on" skirts. Well after 3 hours of head bumping and scratching, they were on. I did find out that my differential is .25" off centered and a rotted fuel line was replaced too. Guys, you have to get under your car on a lift every few years and do a thorough inspection or you will get caught on the side of the road!

Last edited by chopped 40; 09/03/12 12:44 PM.

Loud Pipes Saves Lives!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I get that. The paint job on the '53 involved front springs, new motor mounts, a spare tire rack, an exhaust bracket, bed mounts,and some wiring up dates besides the body work and paint. Then there was the removal of the year old tape! \:D Funny how the quick and easy things never are.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
A wise man told me, many years ago, "The more you do to it, the more you see needs to be done. Every improvement will make something else look worse than it did before." i have found this to be true in every case.

Some of us long for perfection, but never arrive at it, and finally retreat in frustration. For others, the journey is the main thing; "something more to do" keeps them going, year after year. The labour and the learning are not futile, but a pleasure in themselves. So it is here, with our many projects. A real hot rod is never "finished."

The paint looks like a mirror in the pictures, Rap, better than ever . . . yet i'm sure that you know where every chip is.

Bring it to the North Central picnic in Columbus! My freshly painted truck hopes to be there.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
Don and RAP RAP did you make the picnic and how was it? I had family in for the day from Florida so had to pass this year.

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
We made it to the park in Westerville, Bill, but didn't see Rap.

It was a relatively small group, probably because of the rain that lasted into Saturday morning early. We enjoyed the food and the conversations, and Bob Garrett brought some rods, pistons, cams, and lifters to illustrate issues in modifying Chevrolet 235s and 261s -- including a Chet Herbert roller-tappet cam! One guest that Bob knew brought a fully and beautifully restored Advanced Design pickup; he hopes to build a modified 261 for it, and i think we'll see it again.

The Studebaker 2R10 made it back and forth once more after seven months sequestered with the body work. The new paint helped it to two more miles per gallon on that four-dollar gas.

We had a good time -- missed you.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
Glad you had an enjoyable time, wish I could have been there.

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available