Print Thread
Rate Thread
#71535 09/05/12 06:58 PM
C
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
So I got my 292 with the lump ported 194 head to come to life and man what a blast! I'm runnin one of Tom's adaptors to be able to run a 235 valve cover for the look I want.

I put in a twist in breather in the oil fill hole of the valve cover and sure enough, I believe it's too small as it's pushing some oil. Not alot but it's puffing and this is just running it in the garage, no driving yet. I prefer not to run a PCV if I can get away with it.

I was thinking of cutting in a couple of offy breathers in the 235 valve cover but before I go and cut up a new offy valve cover, thought I'd see what others have done.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The Pvc helps vent the block and it will/should stop the oil from comming out of your breather.Also one other thing If there is no baffle under that oil breather you may still have oil comming out of it.Just because of oil splashing the bottom of it.
Just my 2cents.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
 Originally Posted By: Twisted6 I.I #3220
The Pvc helps vent the block and it will/should stop the oil from comming out of your breather.Also one other thing If there is no baffle under that oil breather you may still have oil comming out of it.Just because of oil splashing the bottom of it.
Just my 2cents.

X2,

I cant believe Tlowe allowed his lumps let alone his adaptor to be installed into a 194 head. \:D J.K.= Just kidding.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
C
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
 Originally Posted By: Twisted6 I.I #3220
Just my 2cents.

X2,

I cant believe Tlowe allowed his lumps let alone his adaptor to be installed into a 194 head. \:D J.K.= Just kidding.

MBHD

Thanks guys. The Tom I was referring with the adaptor is Langdon (bought a long time ago) and the lumps are from Larry.

I realize a PCV valve set up would help but trying not to go there if I don't have to. Guess I could cut them in (4" versions)and in the event I have oil coming out those breathers then go with a PCV setup.

Contributor
Contributor
We used to wrap a tube sock around the breather on the race car. Might work for you. Also, they make breather looking oil caps that you can stick a pcv in the top of. If you aren't wanting to cut and weld.

"The first rule of overkill: You can never have too much overkill."
"Overkill is underrated."

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available