Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
i've been working with Bruce Couture at Modern Drivelines since mid-2012 to make an adapter to stuff a Ford T-5 transmission behind the pre-1972 AMC, Rambler, or Nash six cylinder engines, onto the factory bellhousing. The part should be available very soon.

All three T-5 input shaft stick-out lengths should be usable -- the short 7.18" shaft with a longer pilot bushing, 7.41" as-is, no further mods, and 7.85" possibly with abrasive-wheel chopping a bit off the end of the input shaft.

As it is now, all we have is the craptacular T-96 3-speed, if you are lucky, with optional OD. (I like mine, but it's hardly a performance trans, taking > 900 mS to shift 2-3, and no synchro on 1st, and costs $600 for parts to rebuild).

(1972-up there's abundant choice, manual or automatic and up through the 4.0. Pre-72, just one, two if you consider T-14 a viable option.)

Also, the 72-up block is in far more demand, specifically because of transmission choice options. the 'early' 232/199/258 is now a viable and inexpensive choice since there's so many of them languishing. and the early block usually takes all of the later performance parts....

Contact bruce at moderndriveline.com if you're interested.

Disclaimer: i have no economic stake in this, i just wanted to stick a decent transmission in my car!

F
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
F
So, how did it turn out? any pictures?

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available