Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
stan z. Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
S
Hey guys! I was curious if anyone has any real world experience with these 2 intakes in a side by side comparison for a warmed up 250 for street a rod. Hopefully T.Lowe will weigh in on this one but I was wondering if there are any others that have used the P.E.S.and Clifford intakes. Are the 2 intakes designed to perform at different power bands? To me it looks as if the P.E.S. intake would distribute the air/fuel mixture more evenly to the cylinders (similar to the offenhausers). I know the Clifford has a heated water provision but it looks as if the P.E.S. does not. Would this be an issue for a mostly summer time cruiser?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I do not know of anyone running the PES on the street. Atleast not yet of the ones I have made. One racer (roundy round) that changed to My PES from a Clifford said he has more tq out of the corners and pulls thru the straights.

There is no heat provision on the PES. When dynoing a few years ago, before I bought the patterns for them, I had trouble with the PES, found out later that the intake likes to be jetted down 3-4 jet sizes,we had jetted the opposite way to be cautious. The signal to the carb must be strong to pull fuel that hard.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
What were the air fuel ratios when you jetted for the PES intake dyno pulls?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
As luck would have it, the WB02 quit working right for the dyno pulls. Hence the caution with jetting.

Might get a chance to test it again . Soon.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
I actually had a friend that ran an original PES in a dragster with a 292. Was a speck of a challenge getting it to run right on gas. Switched to alcohol and it ran pretty well.
Did not play with it long as the car it was used on was sold. I later found out that there were matching head lumps made specifically for the PES which may have made the difference. I still have the manifold and do not plan to use it again as I obtained a neat old clifford aluminum 3x2 high rise intake if anyone is interested.

K
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
K
If you still have the PES manifold I'd be interested if it hasn't been ported or altered......thanks fats

fats
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 325 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available