Rate Thread
#80285 05/08/14 12:01 PM
J
J.R. Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
J
Hey guys, I've seen all these commercials for the new EFI kits from FAST, MSD and so on... My question is do you think any of these kits would be an option for the inlines or are they strictly for the v8 engine??

I have a 1964 chevy bel air with a 230, plus a 250 that I'm going build and swap in it, and was curious about going this route instead piecing together a kit.

I figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has thought about this also or is actually using one of these EFI kits on their inline.

Any and all opinions/advice are welcome

Thanks
J.R.

T
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
T
If it's a throttle body injection system then they will probably work fine, though grossly oversized, it'll likely work fine. The one thing to check is that it can handle 6 cylinder timing (60* firing instead of 45*).

If it's a multi-port system, you would have to come up with your own intake with injectors and fuel rail, but any of the ECU's should be able to do 6 cylinder timing.

G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
J.R.
It was brought to my attention by my son-in-law who is a Jeep fanatic that FAST makes a kit for the Jeep 4.0 liter engine. It uses an adapter to mount the TBI unit to a stock intake. It contains all the necessary hardware to make it work. Maybe this is something you may want to look at.

G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
J.R.
It was brought to my attention by my son-in-law who is a Jeep fanatic that FAST makes a kit for the Jeep 4.0 liter engine. It uses an adapter to mount the TBI unit to a stock intake. It contains all the necessary hardware to make it work. Maybe this is something you may want to look at.

G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
J.R.

J
J.R. Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
J
Thank you Silver and Gabby...

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod