Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#81515 07/16/14 02:40 PM
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
Titan and everybody,
I thank you for the time spent managing our website. I am sure countless hours have been spent figuring out how to run this and keep it going.

I would like to bring up the discussions on what needs to happen with the BB and further it's use.

1. The BB has been broken recently and is now working. But, it is still broken from some time in the winter. What is it going to take to fix it?

2. How do we get a better BB with more features and better tools?

Many of us are Inliner (dues paying) members and are wanting a better BB.

What I would like to see is a constructive conversation on other sites that others use and what we would like to see implemented here.

This is in regards to the BB forum.

Last edited by tlowe #1716; 07/16/14 02:41 PM. Reason: Beaters Fault

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Mine uses the same basic UBB Threads forum software, just a newer version. Many features like the search function and others can be expanded on simply by settings inside the control panel that the administrator selects. All setting and features have a default setting when you purchase the software, but you have to modify them once its installed to help streamline how the forum flows and functions based on the traffic on the forum. Maybe this was never done in some areas, and just needs to be tweaked on to make it perform better.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
At the time I got here the search function worked pretty well. A while later there was a problem with something and a setting was changed that limited how far back a search could go in order not to overload and crash the board. From that time on I could not do meaningful searches. I played around a lot and found a way to search using the poster's history. Because I knew who had been here longer than me and what subjects they likely responded to I found a lot but new guys probably don't know us that well. Also when an old post was found it is difficult to get a link to it in a newer post. Lastly for several months now when I make a post it does go through but I get this message:

UBB Error We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please click back to return to the previous page.

I have to reenter the Bulletin Board instead of just returning automatically to the thread I was on. I think it is time that those of us who use the get a fully functioning board.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
I had already suggested to have an option to read all of your own personal threads/posts, & an option to view all of your threads/posts you started a new topic.

Example:

Find all posts by MBHD
Find all threads started by MBHD

IMO, having this option you can find your personal posts somewhat easier than trying to use the search feature as Beater has said, it seems to not work very well.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank

Example:

Find all posts by MBHD
Find all threads started by MBHD

That option is there, it's on your profile page where it says "Show user's Posts." When you click on it, it gives you the choice of "Topic's Created" or "All Post's".

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
Contributor
Contributor
The website/bulletin board future is being handled behind the scenes, stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Tim

Tim Tenold
I.I.#498
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Good news Tim. Thanks for getting it back up. I hope "behind the scenes" is a good thing.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available