Print Thread
Rate Thread
#82892 11/03/14 07:34 PM
L
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
i'm new to inliners forum and will soon be joining .I'm in the process of building a 1923 T Roadster and I'm running a 153 C.I. Chevy/Mercruiser Marine engine I'm trying to locate a set of carburated Intake/Exhaust manifolds for this engine. The 153 was used by GM in many different applications between 62 and 1977 it's most often associated with the Chevy Nova of those years but was even used in light trucks like bakery vans. it does not matter what the application the manifolds are from as long as they are NOT Marine I think they can work for me. I'm hoping someone here has a set to sell BEFORE I go building a set myself smile My Email is in my Signature if anyone has parts they can help me with. This car is strictly street so stock would be fine but I'm open to ANYTHING suitable for street use. Thanks

I have cutting torches and a welder of course it's going to fit!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Welcome! Manifolds for those things are not east to come by. Clifford made one for a 4 BBL. They show up on eBay sometimes. I made mine from a 3X1 for a 194-292 Chevy 6. I also cut down a set of 6 cylinder header flanges to fit. My latest header project is modifying a Fenton Black Widow to fit. Mine is going in a '26 Chevy roadster. Here is a link to a thread here that has some good info.
Chevy 4

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 11/03/14 08:30 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
that is a great idea.

I BELIEVE IN " JOHN 3:16 "
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Bcowanwheels, Thanks. I have heard much talk here of what I am full of, but in truth it is great ideas. shocked Here are the rest of the pictures for the Intake, header flanges, and my latest great idea using a Fenton Black Widow cast small block header. Ideas come easy. Finishing the job is tough for me. By the way the valve cover did not turn out to be a great idea but now I know how to do it. smile
Offy & Flanges
Black Widow

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 311 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available