Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
AlanG Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
Hello Inliners, I've been looking at the 235/261 Offenhauser and Fenton dual carb manifolds and have noticed there seems to be a difference in the carb mounting positions between them. From the images I've seen of the two manifolds, the Offenhauser manifold seems to place the carbs centered between the ports where the manifold meets the head, while the Fenton manifold looks to have the carbs spaced a little further apart (closer to the ends of the manifold).

I'll be looking to get myself a dual intake for my 261 and was wondering if there are any appreciable performance differences between the Offenhauser and Fenton intakes?

Thanks

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I doubt there would be any performance differences between the two intakes. It could have been done because maybe the Fenton intake used a different carb that needed more spacing between them or just to show a little personal design change as not to be considered a "copy" of the Offenhauser intake.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I doubt you'd see a difference. I can see that Fenton's logic may have been, "The middle cylinders 3 & 4 can easily draw off both carbs, whereas the end cylinders 1 & 2 and 5 & 6 draw primarily from only the carb closest to them, so lets bias the spacing to help out the end cylinders a bit more."

Or so it would seem to me.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available