Print Thread
Rate Thread
L
Lugnutz Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
It's me again. I decided to document the installation of a T5 transmission in my 1965 C10 truck. I'm certain that there are many similarities between other older vehicles so it may be helpful to another Inliner too.

It's been an ongoing documentation project for the last 6 months and last night, I finished installing the T5 in my 1965 C10 Stepside 1/2T. So this is my way of celebrating. I got the drive shaft back from the shop and installation went smoothly.

The post on my website is still under construction but there's not much left to do, so please be patient with me as I finish it up.

Too many pics for posting here, so here's the LINK to the page on my website. I hope you enjoy the photos. As a novice at all of this, please alert me to any mistakes so I can correct things.

Contributor
Contributor
I used an 11in flywheel and disc when I installed the T5 behind my 261. Had to use a 10 1/2 pressure plate as I couldn't find a part number for an 11in. Do you happen to have the part number for the one you used?

L
Lugnutz Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
Originally Posted By: 41 Coupe
I used an 11in flywheel and disc when I installed the T5 behind my 261. Had to use a 10 1/2 pressure plate as I couldn't find a part number for an 11in. Do you happen to have the part number for the one you used?

The flywheel and pressure plate I used were from a Camaro. I would think that any auto supply shop would sell a clutch kit for the 11 inch setup. I had my pressure plate and disc rebuilt by Brake and Clutch Supply in Waco TX. Ask for Richie. Great guys and they can build you anything you need.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Lugnutz, did you buy a new one of these
http://lugnutz65chevystepside.weebly.com/uploads/6/1/0/8/6108268/3413592_orig.jpg
or is that an original? Trying to find one for my build, my much delayed, covered in dust, sad, sad build.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
The "standoff" on the engine that the linkage rotates on.

L
Lugnutz Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
By "standoff", do you mean the U shaped piece with feet that bolts to the side of the engine and has a ball stud? I have 2 more but they both need a new ball stud if I recall correctly. All the pieces I used are original except the spring is new.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Yessir, somebody welded the stud onto mine! Need to find a ball stud and bracket.

L
Lugnutz Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
Originally Posted By: Mitch
Yessir, somebody welded the stud onto mine! Need to find a ball stud and bracket.

If you need a bracket, I can send you one of my extras. All 3 of mine have the ball stud welded to the bracket. Just send me a PM with your email and I'll shoot you some good photos to see if one that I have will be good enough for you.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Are they supposed to be welded? I assumed it was a farm hack or something. I'll have to look at mine a little closer.

L
Lugnutz Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
They are supposed to be welded. You can buy new ball studs that have threaded ends. I guess you'd just cut off the old, drill out the weld and install the new one with a nut on the back side. It doesn't look like it'd be too bad to repair. Let me know.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Do you have a link to the ball studs?

L
Lugnutz Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
L
Originally Posted By: Mitch
Do you have a link to the ball studs?

LMC Truck sells them. This is page 83 from the 1960-66 Chevy truck catalog. Drawing indicates #7 as the ball stud for the engine side.

Link to catalog page.

Jay

Last edited by Lugnutz; 01/15/15 07:44 PM.
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Thank you!

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil