Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
stock49 Online Content OP
1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
Greetings . . .

Registration for the upcoming National Convention has been open since mid-month. Active Club members with a valid email address on file should have already received an email from the Imembers system with a personal link to Online Registration: [Linked Image from inlinersinternational.org]

Online registration counts stand at 11 attendees and 7 rides.

Progress can be tracked on the Convention Website counters:
[Linked Image]

As you plan your trip to Carson City there are a couple of deadlines to keep in mind:
The room block and special rates at Gold Dust West are valid until April the 15th. The cutoff date for registration is May 1st. Don't delay register now.

There is also a late addition to the merchandise offerings. In addition to the shirts from Port Authority we've recently commissioned Zerzees for a sweatshirt in Sandstone.
[Linked Image]
New art will go up in the website next version.

Hope to see you in Carson City.

regards,
stock49

Contributor
Contributor
I won't be attending. My truck is being rebuilt after getting munched in August 2021. Hopefully in 2023 I can attend with a rebuilt truck.

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It's OK to come without your truck. You can ride around with me! laugh

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 03/30/22 05:51 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
3 members like this: DoubleDingo, CNC-Dude #5585, TraditionalToolworks
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack

[Linked Image]
Aww man....I hate when that happens....!

It looks like that area behind you is perfect for my ELR centerfire record attempt, range find it and see if you can get about 2300 yards out there...!LOL

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Originally Posted by stock49
New art will go up in the website next version.
The artwork looks nice. My only comment, and I don't now how it works today, but my impression is that the Inliners physically package and take the merch to the P.O. to mail. I wonder if it's at all possible to get a merch vendor we could work with to do that for the Inliners? This should be automated so that no human needs to perform any actions. As you know, any time a human is involved we stand a chance of human error. Software is not immune to that either, but once it's debugged it will typically work as designed and continue to really offer return for the time invested in implementing it.

I really think this could be setup so that only a button, if that, would need to be pressed by whoever is responsible for the merch and it would be packaged and shipped by the vendor the Inliners work with. If the current merch vendor doesn't do that, I would look for another one.

Originally Posted by stock49
Hope to see you in Carson City.
I'd love to meet you, as I would the other Inliners I've met through my local and even here on the Inliners forum, but probably not in my cards as I just lost my job yesterday. I would like to go to the swap meet, but don't have too much interest in the rest of the stuff and probably not looking to spend any real money at the swap meet...so...Dinner would be nice to chat Inline 6 over, but I can get good meals here. Spending $170 plus gas/time to get up there, I don't think that's in my current cards being unemployed. I am going to drive up and pay the last fees on my building permit for my new shop, I need that for my future. So, with that said, I'm probably better staying and doing some of the work on my '46 that needs to be done so I can get her on the road.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Better than that, the Club can create a store on Cafe Press and all the Club has to do is upload the artwork to the store and create the products to select. Cafe Press makes them to order and the Club is sent a check. After the initial store setup its completely hands off....I have one myself, it's eazy peazy....!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
Contributor
Contributor
Originally Posted by Beater of the Pack

[Linked Image]

That does not look like a fun place to have a wheel come off.

The main reason I am not attending is not enough vacation time on the books, the other reason is the truck. I could drive my Jeep Cherokee as its 4.0 engine qualifies it as an inliner vehicle, but sadly it all comes down to the time on the books.

292 1966; 3962084 T6G2 Lumped 250 Head 1.94/1.60 gasket matched, mildly ported. LOWEBOY
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Looking forward to it. Planning on driving the Hudson Pickup. Have a few things to do to it and drive it around here to shake the bugs out of it. It's a 1800 mile drive if I remember correctly.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Looking forward to seeing all of you! (or Ya'll in my former native language) I'm enthused about the Hudson. Drive, fly, walk - just get here. We'll see that you have good time! If there is an activity that is not on the agenda like CNC's long-range interests we'll do it. Come on up we'll shoot from the porch!

[Linked Image]

That wheel/stud failure has a story. The guy there is my buddy Vic who was in a lot of my pictures.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 03/31/22 02:58 AM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Contributor
Contributor
That's a great view!

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Thanks, one of the perks! smile

1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
Registration remains open through this weekend May 1st. As of today we have over 90 people registered and 55 rides coming to the convention:
[Linked Image]
If you have waited to the last minute to register - time is a wasting!

See you in Carson City.

1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
Greetings . . .

We are one week away from the national convention. As of today we have 113 people registered to attend:
[Linked Image]

Registration remains open to latecomers - right up until the convention begins.

We have also added the Willow Aircraft tour to the Friday schedule of events:
-------------------------------------
[Linked Image from inlinersinternational.org]
Like many airplane aficionados, Roy Rehm fell in love with the classic Army Air Corps Boeing P-12, Navy F4B, and the civilian version of the Boeing 100 of the 1920s and 1930s.
Roy had previously built a number of home-built aircraft projects but the continued to dream of someday building a Boeing 100. He even purchased an engine and some parts when they became available.

In 1992, when Hurricane Andre struck Florida, Roy found out that much of the Kermit Week's collection of aircraft in the Fantasy of Flight Museum had been destroyed. Among the destroyed aircraft was a Boeing 100. Roy contacted Kermit, offering to rebuild the destroyed airplane. Kermit had received many offers to rebuild the destroyed plane but Roy's proposal impressed Kermit, and his proposal was accepted. In March 1993, the mangled remains arrived at Roy's shop in Gardnerville, NV.

Realizing he would have to build most of the parts from scratch, Roy decided to make the parts for the eight (8) Boeing 100s.

In 1973, renown aviation historian, Boeing Engineer, and amateur aircraft designer, Peter Bowers, said he did not expect anyone to successfully build an exact replica of the Boeing 100. Bowers predicted it would take twenty (20) years for an individual to build a single Boeing. All eight (8) planes are now, as of 2021, near completion.

If you visit Roy's aircraft shop, you will be overwhelmed by the high level of craftsmanship employed.

Besides airplanes, Roy is a dedicated "Car Nut". He works evenings on his car projects (a good lesson on how to schedule your time). His cars include a 1940 Ford Coupe, 1934 Ford Sedan, and an American Austin.
-------------------------------------

See you in Carson City!

regards,
stock49

1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
This morning Inliners made the scene at Willow Aircraft:

They arrived in two waves compliments of a traffic signal:

[Linked Image from 49fastback.com]
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
some nice-looking rides.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
1000 Post Club
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club
I wanted to bump this thread with some photos (for those who couldn't make the convention) as well as some details that I found online. This shop visit was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Roy's dedication to the project (25 years and counting) is impressive to say the least. Thank you Roy for taking time out of your busy schedule to show us around!

Just like the Minden photos, I have placed them in an infinity scroll with decent quality pics on the main page. If you click on one of the photos you will launch a light box view of very high quality images - which you can scroll from photo to photo with arrows:
Willow Aircraft Photo Scroll
The long narrow room at the end of the scroll (with the covered wings) is a like a cigar humidor - climate controlled curing before being installed on the birds.

Roy has had to overcome many hurdles in duplicating the old Boeing designs - and has actually tackled several different 'Types' from the older to newer specifications, to the Civilian, Navy and Army variations, as well as a two-place design ordered by Howard Hughes:
Roy Rehm June '22: Howard Hughes' 2 seat B100

One of the Navy variants is apparently headed to the
Allen Airways Flying Museum.

The pace of the project can be gauged by looking at what others have posted on the internet. Here's some photos from a shop visit by the Experimental Aircraft Association circa '16.

Compare that to video shot during Kermit Weeks' visit in 2018:

Apparently Roy had originally intended to deliver one aircraft after another - but as he got into the build details - it didn't make any sense to break down tooling/jigs after making just one major part. The result has been an elongated timeline for anyone awaiting delivery.

But as we can see from the photos & video it will certainly be worth the wait.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That is Just Awesome. Thank you for sharing it.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 492 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available