Print Thread
Rate Thread
#100763 04/20/23 07:33 PM
J
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
J
I've got an ex-race car motor. GMC 302 block, 4.12" bore x 3.81" stroke (304"). Most likely the crank was from one the smaller 6's (228,236,248,256). High compressions pistons, I'd say at least a .250" dome above the deck. Vertex\Hunt magneto. Originally ran a Wayne head but that was long gone before I got it. Motor turns over just fine. I'd clean it up and run it. I've got a couple Fenton\ Offenhauser dual carb intakes & headers. New in the box McGurk Sportsman cam, another cam of unknown origin. 3 heads that will all need work. Extra crankshaft, set of piston\rods & more. Will add pictures as I go through it. $1800.00

Jason

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by Jason Weir; 04/20/23 07:34 PM.
M
Newcomer
Newcomer
M
You have an extra set of pistons and rods? If so, are they standard size pistons? I have a military 302 that I�m trying to scrounge parts for to convert it to the civilian version. I really only need one rod, one ended up bending while I was trying to get it out of the block.

-Jake
R
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
R
Hi Jason; I'm interested! please send me a picture of the port size of the heads and their damage If you give me a much lower price, I can buy only the complete block, a good head and the cams or the whole pile. Do you have a shop there that can MAGNIFLUX the heads? they're known for cracking! I'd also like to hear about the inside of the engine, have you flopped it over and removed the pan? when you rotate it do you hear clunks indicating a bad bearing? Drain the oil out and see if it has shiny metal particles and/or bits of metal when it pours out. You and I can message or Email faster, my telly number is 805-481-8025 for messaging or DolphinPorsche@cs.com Email
Michael

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available