Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
Don't have any idea how long it's been dead- - - - -but I like the way the undertaker laid it out! When's the funeral?
Jerry
\

Ignorance can be fixed
Stupid is forever

Wag more- - - -bark less!
1 member likes this: Beater of the Pack
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I think the FaceBook page killed it. Just guys posting pictures from their lawn chairs at car shows. I was hoping you could resurrect us.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
H
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
Hang in there- - - -I ain't dead yet! Old, feeble, and opinionated, yes, but I'm still looking at the green side of the grass! Dad made it to one month short of 90, and he was still modifying the footrests on his Hoveround three month before he passed on. I fully intend to beat his record, and I'm only 77!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed
Stupid is forever

Wag more- - - -bark less!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It's not dead yet. One problem here. Too many people sit on their hands rather than give replies.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Nobody is here anymore to give replies......the lid on this coffin has been closing for a while!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
2 members like this: Twisted6, Beater of the Pack
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If we start discussing this here they will shut us down again and move the discussion behind the curtain so those who don't come here won't see. Obviously the answer does not exist among the membership or what is left of it.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Sadly, YES it's very True.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
2 members like this: CNC-Dude #5585, Beater of the Pack
Contributor
Online Content
Contributor
You are absolutely right Beater. It lies with leadership, if there is any. Last weeks board meeting was a JOKE. I sent Allen an email prior to the meeting, asking about an item I noticed in the treasurer�s report. It involved the payment for a service that was approved by the board, but has never been set up and is unavailable for use by the membership. He never replied, even after a second request for an answer.
I once had a discussion about the clubs �ELITES� with Al, we all know who they are. He said he planned to eliminate their influence. Now, in addition to Chapter heads, the board is filled with them. I think we all know what the ultimate answer will be.
I just can�t understand why they keep wanting to beat this dead horse.
There is nothing to be gained by joining Inliners International.
What platform are you using to for your discussions?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Please bear with me.

When I was a kid in Canyon, Texas my favorite place to hang around was Bud Rusk's Second Hand Store. Most of the stuff in there would have been classed as antiques anywhere else. I bought my first .22 there when I was 8. Bud was the only adult present. There were often 5 or 6 old cowboys sitting around that had worked for the XIT, JA, T Anchor and other well known ranches, maybe some less known. One was called Montana not because he was from there but because he had driven cattle there from Texas. He wore his hat in what they call a Montana Peak. They told stories of "the old days" and reminisced of others long gone. There was a Rusk at the Alamo and all of these guys had known Charlie Goodnight. One of them John Knight had owned the first blacksmith shop in town. He and his wife were the first couple married in Canyon. Sometimes they would take one of Bud's guitars down and swap old trail songs, Some they would clean up if I was around. I grew up on this and much of my own families stories too. Both sides of my family were part of it.

My point in this rambling is just to point out that we are those old cowboys now, those few old Bulletin Board Members who still hang on here and remember when this was an active and vibrant website and are saddened by what it has become. Some of us have been the guys who did it and have known the guys who did it. We lose more of them every day, some die and some have left the club/site. Maybe these are also the ones that created the interest. It seems to me like there was always a struggle to run it. The people who do stuff are not often the ones who take time to run stuff and something like this club and website take a lot of running. All big businesses have a PR division.

Like Bud's store the archives of this website are filled with treasures & inline information that exists nowhere else. It is the legacy of Inliners International. Somehow it needs to be preserved. Sadly its fate has fallen into the hands of the here and now crowd who are more concerned with picnics and show & shines than passing on this information. Partly because our leaders are more car club people than car people. Some of them don't own an inline engine much less built one. There is plenty of interest in our old inline engines. There is much discussion on other websites. We are ineffective in attracting activity here.

I tell those old Texas stories & I sing those old songs and people still listen, but when I'm gone? When Inliners is gone?

2 members like this: stock49, Twisted6
S
Contributor
Contributor
S
I am one of those who regularly log in to see what interesting posts are new. I don't chime in because I have not the expertise on the subjects but really enjoy reading the posts.

'38 Stude/292
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Sam, Just make a little post and tell us what you like, or don't like. Tell us a story. Tell us what you have or used to have or want to have. Tell a poster what you think of their project. Inject some life. You don't have to be an expert, I'm not. smile

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 11/06/23 03:18 AM.

1 member likes this: stock49

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 382 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available