Rate Thread
#10301 02/03/06 03:12 PM
U
usmile4 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
U
I'm rebuilding a 235 from a 61 chevy truck to put in my 49 Styleline car. I've read the tech tips article on putting a remote oil filter and full flow oiling system on a 235.

The 235 has been taken apart and will be taken to a machine shop for checking over, cleaning up, and doing any work that needs to be done before putting it back together with new parts as needed. It has been rebuilt at least once before and is bored 40 0ver. I would like eventually to have this become a daily driver so I want to do what is best for the engine. My questions here are:

1. Has anyone done this conversion and could give me tips and suggestions including parts needed?

2. Does anyone have pictures of the finished conversion including the location of the filter, etc.?

3. Now here's the one that will get the most action...does anyone have opinions on this conversion or not doing it?

4. I'm looking for a good shop to do the work needed to get this engine running anyway. Does anyone have an engine shop in the western suburb of Chicago that would do this conversion?

Thanks for the help.

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
usmile4,
I haven't done this to my 235, but here is a link with pics to the same process from the stovebolt forum with a parts list.I've seen cars with the remote filter mounted on the firewall or the inner fender.

http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/full_pressure.htm

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
usmile4 I have done this mod on my 235 and have some suggestions. When chusing a remote oil filter get one that has an internal bypass in it either in the filter or the head. This will insure oil pressure if the filter ever gets completely clogged. I installed a bracket in about the same position as the fuel pump on the opesite side of the block. I then attached the remote filter to that. I then plumed it in with hard tubing. This way all of the system is attached to the block and any movement is with the block.
Other than that the install is pretty straight forward just follow the instructions from the post that Drew,II posted and use sharp taps.
Good luck.
Tom

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 26 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available