Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
Well guys, I posted here awhile back about what intake to go with, well, I decided to go with a new Clifford 4brl.........I originally planned to go with Tom L's Cast Headers, but I found a set of used Clifford Truck Headers cheap and are using them instead. Anyhow, this Clifford Intake has the water heated base on it. I was wonder how you guys have plumbed yours up? I like to put shut offs on my lines to the heater core(Habit from running/wrenching on OTR trucks) and I shut them in the summer...........I guess my question is would that effect my carb settings? I really don't want to crawl around under the hood of my newly repainted truck re-adjusting them when I cock open the valve for heat to my heater core(And intake)..........Or would it be just worth it to run heat into it year around?

Love Old '67-'72 GM Pickups! Dare to be different.....Running GM Inliners, GMC's MONSTER V-6's, and real inline power, Cummins, in Central PA.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
it would be best if you ran the heat year round. there was just a post on this labeled "too much gas". tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

D
Contributor
Contributor
D
One way that you could run permanent heat to the manifold and still shut off the heatercore in summer would be to T off the hose from the manifold to w.pump in 2 places and put a shut off between the T's. But then you would still need to have shut offs for the heatercore.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
TP,
I just finished adding heat to my Clifford intake. The install cost me about $35 and it solved my "Too Much Fuel" and sooting problem at low revs. I removed the 5/8 in. heater hose line completely. Then I replaced the straight nipple inlet just under the thermostat housing with a 90 degree nipple. I bought a 2 foot preformed 90 degree hose, trimmed it for fit and ran it up & over the thhermostat housing then into the forward side port of the intake manifold, again using a 90 degree nipple and adjusted it for a clean/smooth transition to the hose. Using the aft port in the intake manifold I installed a 90 degree nipple and used another preformed 90 degree hose 3 ft in length and trimmed it to fit and ran it around the back of the motor along the firewall and then into the 5/8 in. inlet to the heater core. Very clean install and it works like a champ. I don't know how to post a pix here so I will check to see if you have an email link and fwd you the pix. Good luck.

R
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
R
6T4Duce, I’d be curious to see it…

This is how I post pictures here:
1) I opened a free account at: http://photobucket.com
2) I upload the desired pics to Photobucket website (I usually reduce their size).
3) When I’m writing a post, I simply copy the “image address” from the picture I want to post (I choose the “Img” option) and paste it in the message. I suggest clicking “Preview Post” to confirm everything is OK.

Example:

…is actually:
“]IMG[http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/rofc/I-6GM250.jpg ]IMG[”

PS.: I inverted the square brackets above to “cancel the command” (i.e., avoiding posting this picture twice).

Keep it INLINE!
Early 173" FED (still motorless)
Ricardo
I.I.# 4784
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Ok, here are a few pix of the Deuce and the heated Clifford. Hope it works!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (41 Coupe), 364 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available