Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
Hello,
I'm new here but have checked in from time to time. I have a 1951 Plymouth and my wife's is a 1954 Desoto both with flat 6's. I also have a project 1931 Ford Model "A" rumble seat coupe that has a 291 Desoto hemi. I chose to build my cars as if they may have been built in the 50's. I drive both the '51 and the '54 alot. I drove the '51 from Charlotte, NC to Las Vegas and back last year for a car show. I do all of my own fabricating and mechanical work. I am learning and teaching myself sheetmetal and body work.
I hope to contribute as much as I can and I know that I will learn an awful lot here. I am a huge fan of different. I do not like to be caught in the mainstream. I truely enjoy inliners!

BloodyKnuckles

Iron Lords c.c.

The "Bloody Garage"

>1931 Model A Coupe
>1951 Plymouth Cambridge
>1954 Desoto Powermaster
O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
Very nice! Did you fab that intake? Looks very cool!

D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
These are all interesting projects, of the kind that some of us rejoice to see. That Modern A is a fine piece. Would you think about a four-banger instead of a v-thing under that hood? i should envy you that opportunity, with such good sheetmetal, so complete.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Welcome. Very nice projects.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by don 1450:
These are all interesting projects, of the kind that some of us rejoice to see. That Modern A is a fine piece. Would you think about a four-banger instead of a v-thing under that hood? i should envy you that opportunity, with such good sheetmetal, so complete.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Don, I can relate with you about the banger motor. I intially was going with a 320 Buick straight 8 but came across a few Desoto hemis that I couldn't resist. It also crossed my mind to do another flat Mopar engine. I have some ideas for a radical intake for the v8 so that is the direction I'm headed.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

BloodyKnuckles

Iron Lords c.c.

The "Bloody Garage"

>1931 Model A Coupe
>1951 Plymouth Cambridge
>1954 Desoto Powermaster
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
Bloody,

Are you using progressive linkage with the Plymouth? I always used progressive linkage with triple single-barrels in the '50s and '60s, but notice a lot of guys coordinating all throttles the same, these days. Just wondered.

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!
B
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis:
Bloody,

Are you using progressive linkage with the Plymouth? I always used progressive linkage with triple single-barrels in the '50s and '60s, but notice a lot of guys coordinating all throttles the same, these days. Just wondered.
For simplicity I chose to run them all together. I spoke with George Asche and recommended that I keep them that way. I like the way it runs and have gotten anywhere from 23-26 mpg. Not bad for a 90K motor. Some day I may change it and run progressive to see if it makes much difference.
Have you like the progressive?

BloodyKnuckles

Iron Lords c.c.

The "Bloody Garage"

>1931 Model A Coupe
>1951 Plymouth Cambridge
>1954 Desoto Powermaster
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
Ol' George is a fine fellow! I've been by his place and got the 'Grand Tour', then a ride in his really fast '29 DeSoto. He really knows his flathead MOPARs and they do good work, there. I've really got the bug to build one, too.

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available