Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#15072 04/17/07 02:07 AM
250Nova Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
I just finished (minus the on-going "dialing in" process) putting my Offy 3x1 & Langdon headers setup together, and after a few drives, it's time for a brake job.

Is/has anyone going/gone the same route as me?

This being a 72' original 6 cylinder Nova, it has 4-way drum brakes. I am simply putting in a new master cylinder, all new drums and shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware kits, as well as adding a power-booster. Making it 100% new + adding power to it.

PS ~ Part of the reason I went this route, was because, working in a local parts store, I get a great discount, all of the parts above for approx. $300! Plus, switching to front disc would require different spindles, anchors, backing plates, and calipers, etc. Which are not cheap through Classic Industries, or others. And I DID check local wrecking yards and found nothing usable.
Sorry for rambling....
Thanks

#15073 04/17/07 03:25 PM
Z
Contributor
Contributor
Z
I have their kit on my 56 Chevy for about ten year, all four corners. Best money spent on the old girl yet. I can safely handle Houston traffic without panic. The thing stops quickly in a striaght line with excellent lockup modulation. I've had one panic stop on the freeway from 60MPH and there was no fade.

My car has the stock six and powerglide so it's not going to tax the brakes like your souped 250 in a lighter Nova will. Still, I advise the use of this company's parts if anyone is going to keep four wheel drums.

http://www.praisedynobrake.com/

Brake In A Box

PD Brakes’ all new Brake In A Box comes complete with a pair of high performance matrix ceramic brake shoe, 31LB heavy trick spring kit, plus high-volume wheel cylinders for less pedal pressure; giving you as much as 25% better braking than OEM brakes. They are a direct replacement available for most pre-70 model GM, Ford & Chrysler muscle cars and light trucks.
972-636-2722

64-74 Nova F CHV-241-WC-C 9 1/2 X 2 1/2 $145.00
64-74 Nova R CHV-242-WC-C 9 ½ X 2 $145.00

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 336 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available