Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
My truck seems to run good except when climbing a hill under slight load. When I accelerate, it feels as though there is a lack of fuel. Since I turned the Holley Weber 90 degrees mounting it with the float on the outside, I'm assuming that is related to the float or primary jets (or both). Any thoughts on how to begin the correction process of that?

H
Contributor
Contributor
H
You need to increase the jet size, pull out the primary jet to get the size number. You'll need to drill it out or best is find some larger jets to try. I got my H/Ws from Langdons and Tom sent me some extra jets to try and that cured the problem.

I found a book on these carbs plus info searching the net.

Jim, I.I. #173
(It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!)
R
Contributor
Contributor
R
hi-tork,
what is the name of the book? i've bought several of these carbs off ebay & have plans for them.
thanks,
robert.

inliner # 3850
O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
Thanks,

I have a set of several jets. I'll have to get a magnifying glass to read what they say....but then I'm good! I assume just one step up at a time till I find one that works?

Thanks

O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
I guess I have a second question. I used the gasket that appears to go between the carb and adaptor, but did not use the 1/4" thick or so spacer, or perhaps the word is insulator. Is that needed when using the adaptor?

O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
I am unsure of which jets are which, but there are two on top that are both marked 195. The two in the bowl are both marked 132.

There wasn't much fuel in the bowl(1/4"), which has me wondering about float adjustment, but if the primary is the one toward the choke, I would think that jet would be covered when going UP hill.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

H
Contributor
Contributor
H
I found a book on Weber Carbs, may have been on ebay by Haynes. Title Weber Carburettors-Owners workshop Manual, isbn # 0 85696 3, pub date 1980,
covers several different Webers.
The Holley-Weber mdl 5200 was used on several US mfg cars, small Ford trucks I believe. Search ebay motors for 5200. The European 'Weber' is the same carb but everything is flipped over sort of a mirror image of the US made H/W. I've seen several H/Ws adapted to everything from Jeeps to Corvairs.

Jim, I.I. #173
O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
I can't find the book anywhere, no teven the library. Tom Langdon told me today to try drilling the secondary jet to 1/16" an dto try adjusting the float. More on that tomorrow...

H
Contributor
Contributor
H
OK, found another book- from HP Books,"Holley 5200 Series Handbook" by Mike Urich. Dated 1982 from Fisher Publishing Tucson, AZ. Lots of great photos. Also found this on ebay. The carb kit will have a sheet with a blow-up and all the info you'll need. Lists 71-75 Ford Pinto, Capri, Mustang II etc.

Also checked my notes from Tom: "At 2/3 throttle, the secondaries open, try .072" or .074" in the secondary side. I ended up using .078", these are duals on my 261 with a cam and dual exhaust.
Found several nice blow up drawing online, search for 32/36 DGEV or 32/36 DGAV.

Jim, I.I. #173
H
Contributor
Contributor
H
Weber book on ebay, item #280162432214
note, this is WEBER not Holley/Weber, but info applies. Photos etc will apply and i was told that Weber jets work in H/W carbs.

Jim, I.I. #173
O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
Thanks a bunch Jim!

I'm checking the ebay item out right now.

O
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
O
Just thought I would report back....drilled secondary jet out to 1/16" and set float. The thing runs and idles like a top!!

Thanks for the help

C
Contributor
Contributor
C
 Quote:
Originally posted by olCurt1966:
Just thought I would report back....drilled secondary jet out to 1/16" and set float. The thing runs and idles like a top!!

Thanks for the help
I used to have a Weber carb on a 194 w/ a TH350 in a 64 Chevelle 4 door.
Ran pretty good, got 24 mpg.
BUT
it would bog and catch when trying to get the tranny to do the 3-2 down shift.
Always thought if only it would shift before the secondary opened it'd be ok.
Anyone running these with an automatic?
Was this a problem?
Thanks.

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available