Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
twe56 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
I'm in the process of putting a 200R4 behind a 235. I have my 2x2 carbs mounted on an Offy intake using the linkage kit from Stovebolt Engine Company. Now the next important piece of engineering needed is the bracketry and the connecting of the TVI cable. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please do not respond with any negative comments or horror stories about adaptors or 200R4, etc. I'm going to make this work and be reliable come hell or high water. I could use advise/examples on the TVI linkage.

Thank you.

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
What "bracketry" are you refering to? Carb.,Trans, both? I would check www.bowtieoverdrives.com for a ton of info.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
As in CatDog's reply, Bowtie is a good place. This link is their TV solution; they have a version for tri-power that should be easily adapted. http://www.tvmadeez.com/

Inliner #1916
T
twe56 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
Check Bowtie overdrive -- really didn't see what I'm looking for. I'm ok at the tranny end. What I'm looking for is way to connect at the carb/linkage end of things. I'm running 2 Carter/Webbers and emplying the stock rod style throttle linkage to gas petal. Thanks

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
twe56,OK. Check out Twisted6/Larry's homesite,
www.memorylaners.homestead.com or Lokar. I think you may need to use a throttle cable system from your gas pedal in your set up. Also, as I am searching for a 2004R to replace my C.I. Powerglide I am curious about how you decided to support the rear of the 235 block in the area of the old supports along with the trans cross-member. I 've got some info, but more would help.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
T
twe56 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
CatDog, Classic Chevy and others have rear engine mounts that are to be used with Turboglides. That is what I'm using. Also, will be using a rear transmission mount to support the transmission tail shaft. This will keep everything supported and will elimenate all possibilities of binding.

T
twe56 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
CatDog, Perhaps the additional angle bracketing referred to is actually the bracketry included in the rear motor mount for the Turboglides.

R
Contributor
Contributor
R
I found this information page on a web site for TCI Automotive
TCI
They include this drawing.

The cable travel should be exactly 1 1/8" from WOT to closed throttle position at idle.

'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
T
twe56 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
RichardJ, thanks, now I know the end result I'm looking for -- now to figure out how to make it happen.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available