Print Thread
Rate Thread
#21093 04/11/07 07:46 PM
N
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
Hi I am new to th esite and nee dhelp.My son and I are rebuilding a 54 chevy belair.I have a 72 -77 chevy 250 6 cyl and a nova rear end I am planning on putting a 350 turbo transmission.can this be done and what problems would i expect to incurr whith this swap.Are there any mods I will need to do or is this a drop in application.Any help would greatley be appreciated.Thank you.
ty

#21094 04/11/07 11:06 PM
Contributor
Contributor
Hi noisyboyy
I know that other here will be able help you also. I have a 53 BelAir but I went with a 261 and a T-5 trans.
My rear end is a 72 Nova. Because I wanted to use the stock springs, we cut the spring perch off of the Nove rear end and welded new ones on that fit the stock springs. When you weld the new perchs on you have to make sure that you get the angle right for the drive shaft. I used the old bottom shock mounts. Had to slot the holes out so that they would fit the new u-bolts. But they worked out good. You'll have to re-run your brake lines and do a little modifications for you e-brake, but it's not bad.

WELCOME and I hope that you join the Inliners International club!!!!!

Luke

Luke Lucas I.I. #516
#21095 09/13/07 06:05 AM
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
One consideration more here!
The stock leafsprings on the Chevy was ment to have the closed driveline, and not all the twist/- generated by the open driveline style.
Did myself and some loosiness feels in the rear.
plan to chage to the Nova leafs, to get the rearend held in place. Look at the wideness of the two leafsprings, and sideways stability is understable.
Good Luck with your setup.

"if your car needs more than 2 hubcaps, it ainīt COOL"

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 358 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available