Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
N
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
A good friend of mine basically has a "spare" 1995 Ford F-150 with a 300 6 cylinder in it. Everything I've ever heard about this motor says that's darn near impossible to blow up. It's still running strong with well over 100k miles on it. My friend however does have a "wild hair" to see what you can do with such a motor.

Now we all know that to really soup up a motor you are going to end up with a different cam in there eventually. So we're talking about just freshening up the bottom end, new bearings and rings, then working on the top. How aggressive a cam can you get for this motor and then who makes it?

I'm a V-8 person with my 92 Corvette, but the basic performance theory should remain the same. Tell me if there is any reason why you couldn't do any of the following.

Aggressive camshaft. 1.6 or higher ratio Crane Gold aluminum roller rockers. Assuming it's a roller block setup, Comp Cams pro magnum hydraulic roller lifters. Of course reprogram the computer to make it work. There's another kicker, who programs computers for this application?

Thanks for any info

L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
hello....hello Nathan..franklin(nashville) here...not a ford inliner but i hve heard 300's are great engines....are you famliar with GM's 292's CI inline 6's?.....much to say about this engine for true Inline 6 performance.....

Lee

N
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
I must admit that I am highly unfamiliar with the world of inline 6 motors. I know a little about the 235 because I'm a Corvette kind of person, and my dad also has a 1961 235 in his 46 Chevy pickup.

I also know that the Ford 300 six and the Dodge slant 6 are two of the most indestructable motors on earth.

Personally the motor I know the most about is the LT1 (92-97 350 V-8). That's what I have in my Vette and that's what I really know. However all motors tend to work on the same principal, so I'm interested just the same. My friend wants to try and soup up a Ford 300 six, so I thought I would try to find any info I could. I think it would be a fun project to be a part of.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Nathan, the 300 runs 1.6:1 rockers from the factory, and, it's a flat tappet cam, not a roller. As for computers, well, the best way to go is aftermarket, the computers for the 300 are either speed density or OBD-II MAF, and, nobody really does anything for 'em...
As for cams, well, if you wanna go really wild, Schneider makes a 320M....
I suggest you check out www.fordsix.com
Evan

Evan MacDonald
82 F100 FlareSide
300 HD, Cliffy 270H, 66 240 head, Hedman header

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available