Print Thread
Rate Thread
#22166 02/26/03 01:39 PM
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
I'm thinking about building a inline dragster and want to know what the rules are as far as chassis construction. If anyone knows where I can find these, please post on BB.
Thanks

G
Contributor
Contributor
G
It really depends upon which sanctioning body as to rules governing chassis construction...NHRA, IHRA, vintage, etc. I suggest you visit their websites or spend a little time talking to approved drag chassis builders.

If you are looking at a specific race track or local club, contact them as you will have to pass their rules and tech. They may or may not have rules similar to the "big" organizations.
Regards,
Gerry

------------------

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are referring to rules for Inliner records, the are posted on the "Racing" page of this web site. These rules are being enhanced to include smaller displacement dragsters, flathead engines, and to allow adjustment for turbo and nitrous engines. When complete, we'll update the rules.

The local track or sanctioning body will have their own safety rules and tech requirements.

S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
What I am referring to is, I want to build the chassis out of 2" x 3" rectangular tubing and have been told that this is not allowed.
I was at the nostalgia drags at Lakeland about a year ago and there was a Inliner running a chassis like I want to build and he was running a 300ci ford motor.
If anyone knows who he is, please let me know so I can get in touch with him and see what he went by when he built his.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Let me strongly suggest you purchase an NHRA or IHRA rule book ($10) and build the chassis in conformance to it. This will insure that it will be a safe ride, be generally accepted at any drag strip in the country and enhance it's future resale value. Also let me suggest that if you don't plan to run quicker than 9.99 seconds (8.99 seconds in IHRA) that you DO NOT go through the formal chassis inspection certification process. This will save you $70 every three years because once the chassis is certified it has to be re-inspected every three years regardless of how fast you are running, if you compete at those sanctioned tracks. Good luck - post photos!.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Thanks, Frenchtown Flyer. I have a buddy who is running at a IHRA track and he has let me use his book. This is what I was looking for.
As for running faster than 9.90, I do not want to go through all of the inspection hassel and want to run in the mid 11's.
I used to drag race motorcycles and spent about 500.00 a year on license and inspections. I want to do this as a weekend hobby and enjoy it.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available