Rate Thread
W
ward Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Hi
I am finalizing my 218 CID '54 Plymouth engine. Cam is reground by Edgy,260° duration, .410" lift.
The cylinder head was cut .060" this time around. Of course, its history is unknown.
I put clay on the valve heads, installed the head as a test,and rolled the engine over without a head gasket. Bolts just snug.
The clay is really thin in some spots; you can see the color of the valves through it, almost nil.
Should I wimp out and use a stock head, or rely on the thickness of a torqued head gasket to provide ample clearance?
Edgy said run to tappet lash at .012" in/.014" exh
Ward

Ward
E
Contributor
Contributor
E
In 1957 dodge built a car called the Westener that had a L-head motor with a factory 2 barrel carb.cast iron intake manifold and a high compression head.I have a friend that owns a wrecking yard that has the intake manifold,but I don't think He knew about the head till it was gone.Dodge also built dual carb.and dual exhaust setups for some of their trucks over the years.I don't have a Hollander Exchange manual in front of Me at this time,so I hope I got the year right on the Westener.

EvilDr235

------------------
Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
Remember EvilDr235 has a cure for Your sixness.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available