Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Hi y'all inliners...
From reading some tech Literatures about Induction Systems for the Inline Six Drag Engines,I've seen there are different opinions about the best Induction System for a normally aspirated Inline Six Drag Engine. Some Engine Builders said that three sidedraught Weber assembly be the best one, other said to run two four barrel carbs, other said to use three holleys two barrel carbs or a mechanical fuel injection system, but I'd really like to know what's considered the best one ? I hope y'all experts inliners could give me some answers regarding this issue.Any thoughts would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
MALDONADO
Brasil - South America

engineracing@uol.com.brted@prime-web.com/engineracing@uol.com.br
J
Contributor
Contributor
J
All-out racing? My vote is injection. Electronic or mechanical, doesn't matter if it's properly calibrated. Drawbacks? Getting the correct geometry for the fuel spray into the port on a non-crossflow head. That's one reason why carbs are easier to set up and use.

------------------
David
newbie #4153

David
newbie #4153
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If not useing injection.(injection being #1)
(#2)Webbers would be the best to use Reason being is it is the straights air flow.Or the 3x2 carb setup. I feel my 250 ran better on my intake then it did when i had the dual carb setup. And I feel the reason for this is
That the air flow from carb to head was straighter then the clifford duals. Because the carb sat right over the runners @ straight down to the head/intake port. Hope my 2cents on this helps.}[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Ok guys,... but as far as I know, electronic injection system it's best suited for Road Track cars, being mechanical injection the most used in Drag Cars. However I'd like you indicate for me a Mech Fuel Injection Manufacturer specifically for an Inline six Engine, so there's a long time I'm trying to find out one , but until now I've got none reply to that.In the past, Who made that for the inline sixes? Where I can find it ? Just give me some directions about this matter ! Thank you
MALDONADO
Brasil - South America

J
Contributor
Contributor
J
Maldonado,

Did you ever hear about a guy named Buddy Ingersol? He campaigned a stock-bodied Buick Regal in the 80's with a turbo-EFI v-6. And he stomped everybody until they changed the rules enough to legislate him off the track. He was probably the first to do it successfully, and there are lots of guys now that run EFI and do very well with it.

As far as mechanical injection suppliers, have you talked to Enderle? There is an email address at: http://www.enderlefuel.com
I have great doubts as to ANYBODY offering a bolt-on system for a 6banger. You've got to fabricate most everything except the injectors themselves and the pump.

By the way, have any of you guys seen this webpage? http://www.dragracecanada.com/media/teamprofiles/043.asp
Click on the center photo for an enlarged view. That's an aspirated Deppe engine using EFI running in the low 8's 2 years ago. In a full-bodied car.

------------------
David
newbie #4153

David
newbie #4153
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Just a Six...David
Thank you my bud for all. Each and every time I read your posts here in this Forum, make sure that I appreciate your KNOWHOW regarding these engines,...so much. Who's the manufacturer which have made a mechanical fuel injection system for the Kirby's Twin Engine Dragster ? I'd also like to maintain a private conversation with you by email, please email me as soon as you can.Thank you again for the help.
MALDONADO
Brasil - South America

C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
Quite a few Mopar Slant Six racers, use the "Ron's Flying Toilet" mechanical injection, with very good results. http://www.ronsracing.com/
Also there are some articles at http://slantsix.org/articles/articles.htm
on electronic fuel injection. If you go to www.slantsix.org and use the search function, there is a lot of discussion about electronic fuel injection. Search for "Dart270" He has a slant six Dart with Holley Projection, modified with a "megasquirt" home built ECM. This car is a daily driver/road racer/drag racer. http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

------------------
Charlie
65 Valiant 170 /6 turbo
66 Cuda 170 /6 Nitroused

[This message has been edited by Charrlie_S (edited 07-12-2003).]

Charlie
65 Valiant 170 /6 turbo
66 Cuda 170 /6 Nitroused
66 Valiant 225 /6 Nitrous

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 452 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available