Rate Thread
#23012 04/15/04 11:40 PM
W
wdyer Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Okay, my stuff is starting to come together, at least it feels that way, and the offy dual manifold is going on this weekend with the twin progressive carbs (the new in box ones from Stovebolt)Can anyone recommend a user friendly sync procedure and tools? Thanks, Will Dyer

#23013 04/17/04 10:10 AM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The most important thing to synchronize is the idle adjustment. Back off the idle speed screws until the throttle plates are completely closed - seated in the bores. Turn the speed screws until they just contact the throttle levers. Then make speed adjustments by turning both screws in the same amount.

Be sure the ends of the screws are flat - face them off to true up if necessary.

Two carbs will generally idle richer than either of those carbs used separately, so be prepared to lean down the idle circuits, again turning each screw inward the same amount.

Check your linkage at WOT to be sure both carbs are fully open.

Use two throttle return springs, and you are good to go.

Works for me...

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
#23014 04/18/04 01:32 PM
G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
I'm in on this one now. I have the Offy dual carb intake and have run for years. Use the stock linkage supplied with intake that uses 1 return spring. I am interested in your dual spring setup as I have never felt that I had good return. Have to "blip throttle " for lower idle. Tried spring in spring method but then it almost took both feet to press gas pedal. Got pics of your system?

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 216 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available