Rate Thread
E
echo3 Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
E
hello,

i have read on this board about using lp pistons to boost the compression ratio. i am doing a mild rebuild of a stock 292cid and think they would be a good choice as i have to bore the block anyway. Has anyone gone this route before, does it matter which head you use with these pistons? also, i have had no luck finding a manufacturer or part number to go about obtaining information on these pistons. if anyone could offer any part numbers or personal experience i would be grateful.

thank you

'61 chevy panel truck
L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
I think what your looking for are these, but first don't know the seller, this for your information only;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I've seen these referred to as propane pistons. The buyer does give some spec.s and an Ertel part number

Larry
68 C20 327 daily driver
63 C20 292 Camper truck
65 C10 ? Custom Cab AC,PB,PS,$flasher - Project

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
S
Contributor
Contributor
S
E3, the machinist that did my 292 block got LP gas pistons using the information from the Doc Frohmader build-up article in the May 1997 issue of Classic Trucks. He stated Sterling #980P. These were 0.030 oversize. I assume the 980 is the lp piston and you have to state what oversize you want. But your parts supplier should be able to tell you for sure and also order them for you. Frohmader says they came from Federal Mogul. The article used to be on Clifford's website. Don't know if it still is. Sam

'38 Stude/292

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CrabFoam), 247 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available