Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Mark Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
M
I was going thru a bunch of 12 Port News, and saw that CB had produced alloy Valve covers and side plates for 216-235-261 Chev with "Inliners" cast into them.

So who has the molds, and if they are known, has anyone thought about reproducing them?

Thanks in Advance.

Proud card carrying member of Inliners International #1318
E
Contributor
Contributor
E
I would be interested in one of his cast aluminum 216/235/261 timing covers. EvilDr235

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Me too.

However; I don't there's enough of a market to justify the start up costs of a venture like that today. \:\(

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
E
Contributor
Contributor
E
One can cast aluminum at home.Books on casting can be found on the net.At my job we just sold our scrap aluminum recently getting over $16,000 for it.Aluminum wheels are a good grade of aluminum for projects.Most of us older guys took metal shop in school and had some training in casting metals.Anything can be done if one applys ones self.I take great pride in doing something myself,instead of paying somebody else to do it.
EvilDr235

C
Contributor
Contributor
C
Maybe we can have some made here: http://www.emachineshop.com/

To old to die young.
T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
You can probably do this in a backyard foundry. As EVILDR235 said you can melt wheels. I've heard that used pistons are the best scrap metal, you can buy this scrap pistons from a motor rebuilder, maybe $1 a pound, maybe free if you find the right deal. One of these days I want to build a oil burning foundry furnace models after Steve Chastain's tilting model. This furnace burns used motor oil, melts 100 pounds of aluminum each hour.

Steve recently published a book on how to cast custom pistons. Are these are good as the cast pistons you have buy? I think these might be pretty good. You can find these books at http://www.lindsaybks.com or Amazon.

C
Contributor
Contributor
C
Making a sand cast would be easy. I did this in high school a couple of years ago. All we would need is one good piece to start from.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 336 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available