Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Cabbie Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
I was at the junk yard this week end i couldnt find any stromberg bxov-2, but I did notice tons of the carter ball & ball carbs on the dodge trucks. Has anyone ever ran these on a dual carb set up on a 235? I think the would work, the rebuild kit is still available, and they are still cheap unlike the strombergs. I can find any specs for them for comparison. HELP!!!

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Same basically as a Carter BBD, one of my favourite carbs! Very easy to deal with, run great, adjustable metering rod and acc.pump discharge.

Go for it! \:D

John Kennedy
1950 Chevy Burb
1929 Ford Model A sedan
and whatever else rolls into the yard........
http://home.joimail.com/~kennedyjp/
H
Contributor
Contributor
H
I am running a dual set up on a 230 flattie with the offey manifold. They are easy to work with. There are several different models, so finding 2 that has the right components is hard. Had some problems in getting them together but after we did get them sync. them did a great job. My son finally got them in sync. In the end we had to resize some jets to get them together. I am very pleased with their performance. The little 230 will turn 5500 rpm's to 6000 rpm's with no problem. Hope this helps.

C
Cabbie Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
What model should I start looking for? They will be going on a 235. Hud, Did you ever use a sync gauge? I have a syng gauge that I used for VW. Where the jets different sizes? I have soldered up rochester jets and drilled them out to the size I wanted.

H
Contributor
Contributor
H
I used the D6 series carb. That is the ones that do not have a dash pot on them. I did not use a sync. meter on them. With the Offy manifold they do not have to be exact, the collection tube allows for that. Finding the same jets were a problem. I did what you did, we made our own just as you did.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 222 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available