Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
On Saturday, 20 May, at the Indianapolis swap meet, i met again Harry J McAuliffe from Detroit, who buys, sells, and trades vintage speed equipment. He had with him several interesting inline pieces, including a beautiful Tattersfield manifold with linkage for the Chev 216, an Edmunds manifold for the 216, a Ford flathead six manifold, and factory aluminum heads for the Hudson Hornet and Hudson. Mr McAuliffe also had an Ellis dual manifold that i had not seen before. He had been told that it was for a GMC, but it is definitely not a manifold for the large-port 270H or 302 head.

Mr McAuliffe doesn't "do the internet," but if anyone is interested in what he has to sell, i can supply an address and telephone number.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

V
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
V
Don,

I'm after a dual intake to fit on my 54 Belair h/t. The car is unrestored, but with a heap of originality. I could use a repopped unit from Patricks, but I'd prefer something from the era, hartman, edmunds, tattersfield, newhouse etc.

I would be very interested in getting in contact with this man. Can you PM me with his contact details.

Thanks

D
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
Have done.

d
Inliner #1450

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Nick;

These 'vintage' manifolds are on e-bay all the time too.

Good luck. \:\)

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
E
Contributor
Contributor
E
I have one of those manifolds for my Olds flathead in my '38 GMC truck.

V
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
V
Thanks gents, all help appreciated. eBay is a god send when you are in Australia and all the good gear is Stateside, but in this instance I prefer to deal with someone who knows their stuff. A lot of intakes I see on eBay are advertised as fitting any chevy 6 - 216, 235, 261, etc. I was contemplating running a dual intake with the stock exhaust for a while, and my understanding is the 235 exhaust will not mate with a 216 intake. Also there is a difference between 216 and 235 carb sizes and manifold bore dia. Am I correct in assuming I can run a 216 manifold on my 235 if I run headers? If I do run the 216 manifold, will the reduction in bore size negate any benefit from the daul carbs?

J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
Von; You are correct that the 216 intake will not mate with the 235 exhaust. You may use the 216 intake but you should have the intake bored out so it will use the 235 rings. The last one I did was a Thickstun and it worked just fine. The cost was about 80.00 to have the intake modified. Headers will work fine. Good Luck.

Cheers!!!

John

1946 Chev Aerosedan
Most southernest inliner in Canada

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (47Thriftmaster250), 155 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available