Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
chrisg Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
C
I was in one of my favorite junkyards the other day and spotted a 1959 Mercedes 220 with inline gas 6 and a nice looking pair of stock dual Solex 2 bbl carbs and ball-joint linkage. An old Chiltons claims that they are Solex 34PAITA carbs with linear linkage and the engine was a 124 hp 2195 cc/134 ci, (though looking on the web had some sites claiming these were 32 PAITA carbs). I got the itch to buy the linkage, carbs, and unibody air cleaner and transfer them onto a 235 with a dual intake. (Any good Frankenstein type monster should have some German parts!)
Can anyone give me an opinion if these were good running carbs and worth the time, effort and money to rebuild and modify (I could probably buy Langdon's dual Holly-Weber set-up for only slightly more money and get newer carbs at the same time). Also does any one know if the Holley-Weber 2-1 adaptors would also work for the Solex's? They have similar 4 bolt/ 2 bbl bases, but I don't have the measurements to compare them properly.
Thanks in advance, Chris

B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
Check the prices of rebuild kits for the Solex carbs. It may help make up your mind.

Inliner #1916

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available