Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
S
My main question is when the alternator is all hooked up what should the ammp meter look like. The reason I ask this is in my 54 chevy it indicates a direction to C or to the D when using lights or other electrical. In the GMC which as I have stated previouslly has a 56 235 and electrical is set up as a chevy. My guage does not move much while it is running. I turn on the lights and it does show some movement toward the direction of D.
My question is with a fully charged battery and truck running will the needle stay mostly at the 0 or should it show more of a direction toward the (+)? My guage reads 25 to 50 (-) and 25 to 50 (+).
Thanks Steve

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It should at least read to the Plus side even with a full load pulling on it.anytime you are getting a minus reading then Your not getting a full charge back to the battery.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
S
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
S
Twisted6

That is what I remember it should look like. All I have left is my tail lights and blinkers and it is ready to be driven. My starter is set up and my guage seems to be working now. worked on it this evening. There is nothing like driving your project down the road, that you have been working on for the past two years or longer. My truck still needs work but I feel it is ready for the road.
Thanks for the help
Steve

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available