Rate Thread
#31658 11/24/07 09:17 PM
D
Dennis Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
I looked at a Packard today that had a beautiful wood-grained dash and window trim. The owner had done it himself. Looked difficult to me, but he said after a little practice on some scraps, he got the color and look he wanted. His wife was in a big hurry and I didn't get to pick his brain as much as I'd like. If anyone can give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it............ as I'd like to do the dash and window trim on my Crosley in mahogany wood- grain.

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!
#31659 11/25/07 12:10 AM
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
I know PURDY, the paint brush people, make kits for that.I may have seen them at Home Depot,Lowes, or Sherwin-Williams. Can't be sure of which store.Also,contact C-DAN-D-LUXE in Germany. I had asked him about a car heater he wood grained, but I can't find the post or pics he had, but it was really nice.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
#31660 11/25/07 08:02 AM
J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
There is an outfit in Florida that sells wood graining kits. Great tutorials also. I don't have their name handy but i'll try and find it. In the mean time try googling wood graining and see what you can come up with.

1946 Chev Aerosedan
Most southernest inliner in Canada
#31661 11/25/07 07:43 PM
D
Dennis Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
Thanks. Drew and jmoran. I found a couple of sites, mostly household stuff. I'd like to find something that will give me the right type of paint to use and some good photos, or illustrations.

Since I ran out of food and all of my wife's family went home, I'll have more time to look for more info. Crosley's a pretty plane-Jane little car, so a little careful wood-graining might jazz it up some.

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 358 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available