Rate Thread
#32451 10/31/04 11:22 AM
D
Ducky Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
After spending most of the summer building a progressive linkage I've finally got it on the car and running.

3 Rochester single model 'B's on an Offenhauser manifold, Isky '3/4' cam and Fentons in a '49 Chev Coupe. Firewall clearance was a problem; bent the firewall brace back rather than cut it, and some slight hammer work, but I can't get a 4" custom air cleaner on the back carb. It's plumbed for hot water using steel brake line tubing, and the vacuum advance had to be re-routed to clear my linkage. The choke plates and fast-idle arms are removed from the front & rear carbs (partly to increase firewall clearance on the rear).

The engine is quite responsive, with just a hint of hesitation when opening the end carbs quickly. No long full-throttle runs yet; don't know if I have a fuel supply problem.

Now that the 216 'mule' is complete it's time to get the 235 installed - then comes the hard part; body and interior.

I'll be taking some pictures of the installation today if anyone wants to see my linkage design.

This whole project is 'straight from the '50s - now I've got to find a Ford flathead to race \:\) .

I did NOT break the tank(s)!
1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
Hey Ducky . . . can't wait to see the pics!

[Linked Image from 49fastback.com]

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 452 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available