Print Thread
Rate Thread
#33286 02/03/06 03:53 PM
A
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
Word just came from several Inliners of the death on January 29th of Wayne Horning.

This note came from Marv Ziemer, President, Northern Nevada Chapter:
Wayne Horning passed away on or about the 29th of January. I don't know if anyone is aware of this or not. We didn't see anything on the Inliners web site.

Wayne was an honorary member of Northern Nevada Inliners. We wanted to get this out to the international membership. There will be a memorial service at Walton's Funeral Home in Carson city, NV this coming Saturday February 4, 2006.

His daughter is Shirley Ecker, address unknown. Send any correspondence to Wayne's family, in care of Shirley, P.O. Box 8551, Incline Village, NV 89450
Wayne's Lifetime membership is #424

Marv Ziemer, President
Northern Nevada Inliners

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Loren, Apache59, Webmaster

#33287 02/03/06 05:13 PM
A
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
Wayne Horning's obituary from the Reno Gazette Jounal http://www.rgj.com/obits/index.php?id=15261
Obituaries

Wayne Frederick Horning

Wayne Frederick Horning was born on April 12, 1915 in Fairhope, Alabama to Fred and Emily Horning. He passed away on Sunday, January 29, 2006 at age 90. His father perished in a house fire after saving his family when Wayne was only 4. His mother took her two young chil dren across the country by train and settled in Los Angeles, CA. There she married George Coin who became a wonderful step-dad. Wayne excelled in school and graduated from high school at age 16. He worked for Jerry Volte and Lockeheed as an engineer. He married Augusta Jean who preceded him in death. After serving in the U.S. Navy during WWII, he returned home and started his own business. Wayne was well known and ad mired by many in the business world. His ingenuity in developing 'Wayne' heads in racing is still honored today with an active group called "Inliners International". He had a car entered in speed trails at Bonneville Salt Flats and also entered a car at Indianapolis. He was re spected in the manufacturing world for his work on rockets and mis siles. Wayne was on the Board of Directors for 21st Century Insurance since its inception helping Lou Foster develop a leading auto insurance business. He lived most of his life in Southern California including many years in beautiful San Marino. Wayne retired in 1980 and moved to Incline Village with his wife and friend, Nina Carol, who also preceded him in death. Wayne was also preceded in death by his loving sister, Helen Horning. Wayne was loved and respected by many in Incline Village and could be found on many a nice day walking his beloved dog, Bowie, at the Village Green and having lunch with the 'gang' at the Wildflower Café. Wayne is survived by his three daughters and their husbands: Nancy and Ted Cramer of Encinitas, CA, Shirley and Bob Ecker of Sparks, Nv., and Janet and Bob Pearson of Sequim, Wa.; grandson and wife; and great-granddaughter: John and Rhonda Evans and Aimee of Fontana, CA, grandson and wife: Richard and Maliwan Evans of Shingletown, CA and one nephew-in-law: Dave Hightower; also, many friends including Dr. Daniel Peterson who has looked after him for over 20 years. The family is grateful to VistaCare for their love and caring assistance. Wayne Horning is a legend who was much loved and will be missed for many reasons including his wonderful smile and fantastic sense of humor. He leaves a legacy of honesty, integrity and strength of character. There will be no service but viewing and visiting with the family will be at Walton's Chapel of the Valley, 1281 N. Roop St. Carson City, NV on Saturday, February 4, 2006 between 1pm and 3pm. Dad's fa vorite charities were the Salvation Army and W.A.R.F. (775-833-2319) But, only your good memories of Wayne are expected.

#33288 02/04/06 12:48 PM
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
I've learned about Wayne Horning through my Inliners International membership, but didn't know much more about his life. While his contributions to Inliners are well documented
reading his obituary revels a picture of a man who enjoyed life and people as they enjoyed him.
Blessings to his family and to all who were lucky to know him personally.
I might add that anyone who is interested in more information should click on the "Historical"
link in the blue column on the homepage.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
#33289 02/08/06 01:21 PM
D
Newcomer
Newcomer
D
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Apache59:
[QB] Word just came from several Inliners of the death on January 29th of Wayne Horning.[CLOSE QUOTE]

Wayne was my uncle-in-law. I didn't know him in his younger days when he was active with inline engines. I knew him as a kind man who was generous with his time and his home near Lake Tahoe. I will miss him.

Thank you to the nice Inliners folks who came to his visitation at the funeral home and brought the cylinder heads for others to view.

Dave

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available