Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Thought I'd share a photo of the progress of my '50 Plymouth 230 rebuild. Can't wait to get it on the road! Enjoy-

Pete

------------------

Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
lost the photo, here's another try-

------------------

H
Contributor
Contributor
H
Very Nice looking set up. Really like the high rise manifold. I tried to find one of those when I did mine but couldn't. I finally used an Offy. The alum. head is very nice.

O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Beautiful work of art. And an inspiration. Thanks.

Jerry....I.I.# 3540
'27 T Nostalgia roadster
H
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
H
Hello Mopar Fans,

Very nice looking setup!! I really hope you keep the board posted on how those Holley 5200's work out. I'm curiously watching how those play for possible use on a Twin-H Hudson at some point in time. If not a Hudson, perhaps to replace Dad's Ball&Balls someday. By the way, "Hud I" is my Dad and the setup he's talking about is on the Custom tractor. I'm still figuring out how in the heck to post picutures on here.

Keep those flatties rollin!
Hudson

Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Thanks guys, for the encouragement. Nothing like a mutual appreciation society to make you feel good! You wouldn't believe the flack I've endured from the dyed-in-the-wool chevy street rodders in my family for rebuilding a 50 year old flathead 6. But the cool factor of my car will outshine any 350/350 combo....

Hudson- I got the Holley 5200 carbs from Tom Langdon, he assures me they will be perfect. Do you know anyone else who is running these carbs on a mopar flathead? I'd love to hear from them if you do. I'm the first to admit how little I know about carburation, so I can use all the advice I can get on tuning them. I'll keep the board updated on finishing up the engine and getting it running. As soon as the ice age around here warms up and melts off, I will degrease the block one more time and paint everything. Once that is done, its going back in to the car. Can't wait!

Pete

------------------
Check out the restoration of my '50 Plymouth here:

http://home.rmci.net/blueskies/plymouth.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pete, I think club Treasurer Elmer Stange is using the Holley/Webers on his Mopar 265-powered early pickup. There was a writeup on Elmer's truck in an issue of the 12 Port News a while back. Maybe we can coerce him into posting some pictures here. Elmer also adapted a T5 trans to the flattie.

Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Jack- I think Elmer's 265 uses a factory dual intake, carbs, and exhaust. Here's a photo from Langdon's site.

Pete

------------------
Check out the restoration of my '50 Plymouth here:

http://home.rmci.net/blueskies/plymouth.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right you are Pete! I guess Tom couldn't talk him into the later carbs. The factory setup looks pretty sweet too.

H
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
H
Great pictures!

How do you post pictures like that? I have some of the tractor and its dual setup I'd like to post.

I will be watching to see how those 5200's turn out. Dad intends to use a triple 5200 setup on another engine that won't be mentioned on this board (he has gone bowtie on us!)

I hope they aren't as pesky as the b&b's to work with. He has one already in the piddle pile and I've looked it over just a tad. They have vacuum secondaries with adjustable vacuum motors so I've seen. I suspect in the synchronization of the carbs this will have to be dealt with. I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with them.

Hudson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hudson-

Here's how you post photos here.

1.you have to have your photos posted on a website somewhere. There are plenty of sites that let post photos. Use Google to find them.
2.Once you have your photos posted somewhere, right click on the image and get your path name(example;http://mopar/image
3.Once you get that path name, copy it(Highlight and control C)
4.Go to our B board, write what you want and at the end type; [img]path name[/img]. for the path name just control V and it will paste it in. Make sure you have no spaces between the[img]path name[/img]

It should work that easy.

RapRap
1940 Chevy Coupe

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available