Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Sifua Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Hello, My project (38 Dodge Humpback panel Truck) has been in an accident or two in it's lifetime. Before I remove it from the frame, what measuring techniques and bracing should I use to make sure it's square before I do all the panel patching? I'm not sure it is out of line, but the top support in the opening is mis shapened enough to make me think it might be from body torque due to the accident(s). Thanks for your help.

Don't stop learning because others restrict you to what THEY can't do
J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Sifua;

From what you explain; This question is just to complex to answer on a "web forum".

The best & cheapest way is to have someone from a Body Shop come & look at your truck.

There are several ways to measure it depending on the type of collision involved etc.

Good luck, John M.....

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Cool project. John's right, it's like trying to give an estimate over the phone. For body openings it's best to use the doors etc. in place and check the fit visually. For length use a tape & measure & compare from one side to the other. For measuring for "square" measure in an X pattern, going from a bottom corner to the opposite top corner, than do the same from other direction. For window openings it's the same. I've used 3/4" square tubing tack welded in place to cross brace in an X pattern when possible.

Jerry....I.I.# 3540
'27 T Nostalgia roadster
S
Sifua Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Thanks for the start. My 38 manual isn't that sophisticated to include the body work in it. I've heard that this kind of info strted around 1940.

Don't stop learning because others restrict you to what THEY can't do

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 362 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available