Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
G
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
G
I've got a '65 Chevy C-10 with a 3spd manual. The engine is a 230CI.

I've looked at long tube headers and the stovebolt cast iron "shorty" headers, and it doesn't look like they will clear my motor mount or clutch linkage.

What are y'all using?

Gene

------------------

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
I'm using a set of headers from Hedman on my '68 C-10 with 250 and 3 speed on column. I turned my clutch bar that runs from the engine to the frame upside down in order for them to work. I don't think you will have to do that. I did an engine swap and interchanged some various parts, so the clutch bar actually didn't work right even before I had the headers. The only thing I wish I had done was to get the coated. They came with a black paint that was peeling off in the box when I got them. Within a week they were almost completely covered in rust. I guess that happens when you don't have a hood on, and it rains. They are great headers, but I just wish I had gotten them coated. Oh well. Good luck. John.

'68 C-10 - 250 with Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel, Offy intake, Hedman headers and true duals, HEI, MSD 6A box, relocated gas tank
Soon to have: T-5 tranny
I
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
I
I bought two different headers both tubular..Both to fit 250CID..They fit Ok but I figured out they were designed for the 292 which has a higher deck..The front one didn't go over the left mount very good and didn't clear the front edge of the intake.. A ball peen modification made it fit but the collectors are still too low to the ground for my liking because of the shorter height of the 250..But everything fit around the clutch area OK..Getting the cross shaft ball mount bracket bolted onto the block was a real pain..It has to go on last after the rear header is installed..I'll never use them again..I am saving up for Fentons..Good luck..Al....

R
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
R
i am using the stovebolt cast headers from langdon in my 81 4x4 w/ 292 they fit great

I
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
I
Hi, I Love Trucks, I Have PAcesetter longtube headers on my 292 with dual out pipes conected to a short thrush glasspacks, it sounds Awesome, very agressive, don't sounds weak, more like a V8 and my engine likes a lot..

CHEVROLET 1987 C15 TRUCK
292 ENGINE
PACESETTER HEADERS
DUNLOP 295/50R15 TIRES
AND I LOVE IT

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available