#41437 05/16/08 04:45 PM
R
russk Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
Guys:

I periodically search ebay (motors) for various parts of interest including "Algon" fuel injection. Currently there is an auction for an inline six fuel injection manifold made (presumably some time in the '60s) by Algon. The seller doesn't know what it's designed for and I sure don't have any idea either.

The odd thing about the manifold is the intake and exhaust arrangement that is different than anything I can recall seeing. The intake ports are angled down much like the Sissell/Kirby head. However, the intake and exhaust are arranged as follows:

E I I E I E E I E I I E

I've never seen pairing of ports quite like this - certainly not with the GMCs, Chevy, Ford, or Mopars that I'm familiar with. Of course it could be for a British or European I6 or even for half of some [exotic] V-12.

I'm sure curious as to what this manifold might be for and hope that one of you with wider knowledge than I have will have the answer.

Last edited by russk; 05/16/08 04:46 PM.
N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
No Idea.

Algon

Kind of looks like some of the aftermarket heads I've seen pictures of (like the modern Sissel as mentioned). I thought I saw a non cross flow head that was supposedly a Fisher that looked like that (can't remember where I saw the pic though). But it's not quite the same as I remember.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
G
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
G

Last edited by gearhead; 05/17/08 12:50 PM.

I.I. #3174
Contributor
Contributor
AMC-like Barney Navarro turbocharged for Indy has that intake,exhaust spacing I think.

Harry

Turbo-6
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I did not see the picture of the injection. The intake does not come in at an angle on an AMC I don't believe.

Turbo-6
R
russk Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
The 240Z sure looks promising! The ebay examples (exhaust manifold and intake/exhaust gasket) are certainly in line with the Algon manifold port pairing. One interesting thing about the Algon folks is that they often built injection systems for engines other than the traditional V8s. And in some cases these "off brand" manifolds were either one-off or cast in very limited numbers.

In any event, I'm guessing the 240Z is probably right on the money. Great call!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 207 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available